Telefonica - New Businesses (2017 - 2019)
There were 37 new business lines/product offerings by Telefónica in the year 2017 to 2019. 12 of those were in 2019, while 15 were in 2018 and 10 in 2017. The requested data on these companies has been compiled in them 2017-2019 tab of the attached spreadsheet.
- 5 November 2017: Telefónica starts smart networks development.
- 28 November 2017: Telefónica presents Pigram, the answer to posting on social networks and other channels when there is no Internet access. This was presented in Madrid.
- 14 November 2017: Telefónica revolutionizes the connectivity market with plastic fibre and 60GHz Wi-Fi.
- 15 June 2017: Telefónica and Huawei to launch NB-IoT Open Lab to boost the Internet of Things. Telefónica´s NB-IoT Open Lab is to be opened in Chile.
- 21 March 2017: Ferrovial chooses Telefónica as their communications provider for the next five years.
- 1 March 2017: Telefónica presents the first mobile LTE network running in just 40 grams of hardware.
- 26 February 2017: Telefónica presents AURA, a pioneering way in the industry to interact with customers based on cognitive intelligence. This was presented at the Mobile World Congress (MWC), Barcelona.
- 15 February 2017: Telefónica, Huawei and Kamstrup launch in Chile the first project with NarrowBand IoT technology in Latin America.
- 8 February 2017: Síminn and Telefónica enter into a partnership.
- 24 January 2017: Hertz México will improve its operations and customer experience with Telefónica IoT solutions.
- 10 December 2018: Movistar adds Netflix to its offer with a new user experience and creates new packages with more GBs and another mobile line.
- 19 November 2018: Movistar offers a new convergent security service to protect navigation, content and devices. Telefónica launched this in Madrid, Spain.
- 15 November 2018: Telefónica and Stratio announce partnership to offer a Big Data Platform as a Service solution for corporate customers. The partnership was announced in Madrid, Spain.
- 12 November 2018: Telefónica strengthens collaboration with Sodexo with the provision of new digital services in Spain. First results of this new collaboration are being showcased at the global headquarters of Telefónica in Madrid.
- 18 October 2018: Telefónica presents strategic alliances with El Corte Inglés, Iberia and Twitter for the launch of Movistar Home. This was presented in Madrid.
- 21 June 2018: Telefónica and ASTI Mobile Robotics come together to accelerate the digitization of industrial environments with IoT. The agreement was signed in Madrid.
- 21 June 2018: Telefónica and Ericsson launch private virtualized networks that cover the high connectivity demands of the industry 4.0.
- 19 June 2018: Movistar and Twitter develop a pioneer customer care solution through a bot.
- 16 May 2018: Telefónica announces a strategic collaboration with Amazon Web Services to enable an easier journey to the cloud for enterprise customers. This was announced in Madrid.
- 3 April 2018: Telefónica signs an agreement to work on integration of IoT devices into Microsoft Azure. This Agreement was signed in Madrid.
- 21 March 2018: Telefónica creates a suite of Big Data products for enterprises in partnership with Huawei. This partnership was announced in Madrid.
- 6 March 2018: Telefónica includes Microsoft Azure in its multicloud offering to the B2B market. This agreement was made in Madrid.
- 5 March 2018: Telefónica and China Unicom partner in IoT. The agreement will contribute to consolidate their respective leading positions in Europe, Latin America and China.
- 25 February 2018: Telefónica launches Aura and leads the integration of artificial intelligence in its networks and customer care. Telefónica launches the first release of Aura in six countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Germany, Spain and the UK.
- 21 February 2018: Telefónica partners with McAfee to protect customer devices embedding its technology in the home Internet routers. This solution will be for Telefónica’s broadband and mobile customers across its markets in Europe and Latin America.
- 14 June 2019: Santander and Telefónica develop together the first 5G use cases of the banking sector in Europe. This was launched in the city of Alcobendas, near Madrid.
- 12 June 2019: Telefónica to offer Google Cloud solutions to companies around the world. This was announced in Madrid, Spain.
- 31 May 2019: Telefónica and BOTECH FPI combine their cybersecurity capabilities to fight fraud in the banking sector. The agreement will initially be deployed in Spain to be then expanded to other markets where Telefónica operates in Latin America and Europe.
- 27 May 2019: Telefónica and Schindler join forces to provide IoT connectivity for elevators and escalators worldwide. It is a global partnership but was announced in Madrid, Spain.
- 16 May 2019: Telefónica launches Movistar Car in Spain to turn vehicles into connected cars.
- 21 March 2019: Movistar launches Movistar Money in Spain, a consumer loan service for its customers.
- 10 April 2019: Telefónica will safeguard the security of the Internet of Things with a new IoT cybersecurity unit. This was launched in Madrid.
- 08 April 2019: Telefónica to produce original fiction content in Latin America. This was announced in Cannes, France.
- 4 March 2019: CK Hutchison and Telefónica join forces to offer digital communications services to global enterprise customers. This was launched in London/Madrid(source 9)
- 25 February 2019: Telefónica and Microsoft establish strategic partnership to design the telco of the future. This was launched at the MW (Mobile World Congress) Barcelona.
- 24 February 2019: Telefónica, Facebook, IDB Invest and CAF create Internet para Todos Peru to expand internet connectivity in Latin America. This was launched in Lima, Peru.
- 18 February 2019: Telefónica deploys in Codere the first solution of end to end managed private cloud with Hewlett Packard Enterprise. This was implemented in Madrid, Spain.
The details of these companies have been compiled in the 2017-2019 tab of the attached spreadsheet.