US Competitors Part 2
Frontier Communications is a leading provider of internet, TV, and phone services to business and residential customers since 1935. On the other hand, Crown Castle International is in the market from the past 25 years while SBA Communications has almost 30 years of proven execution and experience in the domain of wireless infrastructure solutions. Below, we presented these companies' overview while details have been populated in the attached spreadsheet.
- Frontier Communications was incorporated in 1935 and is a Fortune 500 company along with being a member of the S&P SmallCap 600.
- The company is a leading provider of internet, TV, and phone services to business and residential customers.
- It has 22,000 employees in 29 states.
- Frontier offers cost-effective solutions for consumers' needs in connectivity. It also provides the network, managed services, equipment, and purchase/lease options to meet the needs of the business and their budget.
- Frontier Communications serves residential group of customers offering services through its fiber-optic and copper networks. This includes video, advanced voice, high-speed internet, and Frontier Secure digital protection solutions.
- The company is in the market from the past 25 years and works across 100 countries with approximately 5,000 employees and revenue of $70 billion.
- The company owns expertise in the full suite of services for project strategy and planning, design and implementation, and maintenance and support.
- The company is making advancements in interconnectivity technology along with ranging its portfolio to towers, small cells, and fiber, as well as through partnerships with forward-looking companies, municipalities, wireless carriers, and other service providers.
- The company has a larger share of 9.2% from customers in the Communications Services Industry.
- SBA Communications is an independent owner and operator of wireless communications infrastructure and is in the market since 1989, headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida.
- The company is a part of S&P 500 and has two primary businesses - Site Leasing and Site Development.
- The company owns and operates thousands of wireless connectivity towers across North, Central and South America based on its in-house experience in site acquisition, zoning, and construction.
- It delivers rapid turnaround on all lease transactions and offers flexible lease terms and competitive pricing.
- The company extensively serves the leading national and regional wireless communications carriers in the US.
In order to identify the comprehensive information on each of the listed company (Frontier Communications, Crown Castle International, and SBA Communications), we conducted an extensive research on each company's official website along with searching their section related to their annual reports, financial statements, press releases, products and services, and investors relations. Through the search, we found the required information relating to the companies' website link, overview, competitive advantage, target market, products, and services, along with pricing/price model.
For the information relating to the demographics and psychographics, we researched through various site analytical tools such as SimilarWeb which analyzes their website traffic and shared references on their potential/existing customers that are mostly visiting the site. Also, the companies' analysis reports published by market research companies such as Seeking Alpha and CSIMarket also shared relevant information to state the insights on this information.
Additionally, it was found that SBA Communication and Crown Castle are mostly dealing with commercial business consumers which offer turnkey solutions as an independent wireless infrastructure provider based on their large and national wireless network providers' needs and demand. Hence, no information on their pricing/price model was disclosed by the company publicly.