Teaching Abroad Content - Math
UK Math teachers seeking to work abroad are required as a minimum to have a Bachelor's degree, between one and five years of proven experience, and to provide the necessary visa, working permit, and qualification documentation. The salaries range between £1,532.91 and £5,100 per month, and, like the requirements, vary depending on the country, school, and program selected.
1. Education Requirements
- To be a Math Teacher working abroad in Hawaii with Middle and High School students, UK teachers are required to have a teaching license, a Bachelor's degree, and be a University graduate.
- In the UAE Emirates, the Teach Away program hires Math teachers to work with High School students of the Government Schools, and are required to have a Bachelor's degree with major in Math or a related field, be a licensed teacher and a University graduate.
- Educators seeking to teach Math in China are required to have a Bachelor's degree and a major in a relevant subject field.
- In the Cayman Islands, teachers are required to have a Bachelor in Education, preferably in Mathematics, experience with the CIE/WJEC syllabus of the British National Curriculum, and knowledge of ICT software.
2. Experience Requirements
- To work in Hawaii, Math teachers are required to have at least one year of experience as an educator, while in Dubai, the minimum experience required is two years.
- In China, teachers are also required to have experience working in K-12 schools, have cross-cultural awareness, and two years of experience.
- In the Cayman Islands, teachers are required to have three years of experience teaching Math, while in Saudi Arabia, the requirement is five years of experience.
3. Benefits and Salaries
- In Hawaii, the benefits include health insurance, and a bonus between USD$2,000 to USD$3,000 or £1,532.91 to £2,299.36 additional to the salary, based on the location assigned to the teacher.
- Math teachers working abroad in the UAE Emirates receive a salary between £3,800 and £5,100 per month, housing accommodation allowance, mobilization and a repatriation ticket for the teacher, the spouse, and up to three dependents, an end of contract bonus, etc.
- The salaries in China go from 17,000RMB to 30,000RMB or from £1,864.82 to £3,290.87, while in Qatar the salaries go from £2,315.57 to £3,157.60 (QR 11000 to QR15000).
- Math teachers working abroad in the UAE Emirates under the Teach Away program have a contract of two years.
- To work in Hawaii, it is required to have a work permit or an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and present a bachelor’s degree accredited by a State Approved Teacher Education Program or a teaching certification approved by a foreign credential evaluation service.
- In the UAE Emirates, besides the working and residency permissions, Math teachers working abroad are required to have a driver's license.
- In China, it is necessary to have a valid passport from the United Kingdom, or from the US, South Africa, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada, or Australia to obtain the visa.