Conferences and Expos - Exhibitor Decisions
Four reasons exhibitors choose to attend or exhibit or buy a booth at conferences and expos is due to the availability of networking opportunities, the ability to promote new technology to existing customers, the hope of getting prospective leads for new and future business opportunities, and the positive experience of exhibitors in the previous years of the exhibition. We dive into each of the aforementioned reasons below.
1. Networking Opportunities
- Exhibitors such as those for the Automotive World show held in January 2018, chose to exhibit because of the variety, quality and quantity of attendees.
- Having the ability to meet companies and leads that organizations have never had contact with and never would have if they didn't exhibit at the show.
- Exhibitions draw huge and attractive crowds, for example, Toshiro Tanimura from MEC Company Ltd's Sales & Marketing Group received around 150 attendees into the company's booth every day.
- The ability to get the contacts of prominent businesses and companies for the exhibitor's success. For example, for the Automotive Engineering Expo, many years of cooperation with more than 20 leading OEM brands from all over the world, guarantees excellent contacts for attendees.
- The ability to negotiate partnerships with key manufacturers including exclusive distribution rights in key markets.
2. The ability to promote new technology to existing customers
- The ability to increase the visibility of the company and its products and services to relevant industry professionals. For example, Munenori Ota, the Marketing Group Manager for Asahi Kasei Corporation revealed that because the company exhibited at the Automotive World Exhibition in 2018, showcasing a car, they were able to increase visibility for their automotive products, as many people only knew the company for material and chemical products only.
- For example, the Automechanika Dubai trade show had 31,971 trade buyers in 2018.
- The ability to get guaranteed attention at the exhibition without wasted effort.
3. Get leads to possible future new business opportunities
- Make appointments with visitors for the next meetings.
- This is made possible due to the fact that exhibitors get many attendees and other companies in their industry in one place. As such, they are able to meet, connect and source from other exhibitors.
- The 11th edition of the INAPA Automotive industry exhibition had 23,353 trade interactions.
- Conferences and expos provide an ideal platform for exhibitors to meet with decision-makers and specialists from all areas.
4. The experience of exhibitors in previous years
- Exhibitors choose to attend/exhibit/buy a booth at conferences and expos due to the positive experience from previous years.
- For example, Munenori Ota, the Marketing Group Manager for Asahi Kasei Corporation revealed that the company exhibited at the Automotive World show in 2018 because the company exhibits at the show every year and always have a positive experience.
- The experience of meeting international automotive aftermarket buyers, importers, distributors, and automotive supply chain from previous years makes exhibitors attend/exhibit at a conference or show.
We leveraged a combination of leading industry publications, databases and reports such as Automotive World, Automotive Engineering Expo, INAPA Exhibition, and Automechanica Dubai, to find reasons why exhibitors choose to attend/exhibit/buy a booth at conferences and expos. We also studied these databases, reports, and publications to identify reasons that were repeated in more than one source. This strategy provided four reasons why exhibitors choose to attend/exhibit/buy a booth at conferences and expos and were thus included in our findings.