Men's Mid-range Watch Market - Top Brands
The five top brands in the men's mid-range watch market based on revenue are Omega, Casio, Seiko, Longines, and Tissot.
- Omega is the top-selling watch brand in the world producing mid-range watches, with annual revenues of $2.3 billion.
- This company has been around since the 1800s and has been featured in many historical moments, such as the Olympic Games and featuring as the first watch on the moon. "Omega has incrementally developed its watches such that they feel simultaneously historical (though not anachronistic) and modern (though not trendy)." The brand is known for its innovative co-axial mechanism, which makes the watches smooth, accurate, and long-lasting. Omega watches are also known for precision timing.
- Casio's watch segment, which accounts for 54% of the company's business, earns annual revenues of $1.57 billion.
- "If tough, stylish, versatile, dependable and affordable is your thing, then Casio is your brand." Casio watches are known for several key features. For starters, they're stylish and affordable. Next, their G-Steel series, particularly the classic G-Shock watch, is nearly indestructible. In addition, the watches are high-quality, loaded with features, and highly resilient. This is also another brand that has stood the test of time, founded in the 1940s.
- Seiko earns annual revenues of $1.46 billion.
- "In 1969, Japan’s Seiko introduced the first production quartz watch and changed the game overnight." Today, this brand is known for versatility, quality, and affordability. The company offers many different styles of watch, including some technical watches such as the Seiko Divers Watch for diving. "Within their portfolio (and among their subsidiary brands) you can find quartz, mechanical, solar and kinetic watches. Meanwhile, some of their luxury pieces are still produced entirely in-house."
- Longines earns annual revenues of $1.2 billion.
- Longines' "track record of producing respected chronograph movements such as the caliber 13ZN, which dates to the 1920s, justifies the brand’s place among the greatest watchmakers." This brand is known for making beautiful watches that are also highly accurate. The company has been partnered with professional ski competitions since the 1930s. "What all this amounts to is a truly seasoned mid-range watch brand that covers the full spectrum of aesthetics, mechanics, and traditions."
- Tissot earns annual revenues of $1.05 billion.
- Tissot is known for a number of innovations, including the first pocket watch with two time zones, the first anti-magnetic watch, the first mass-produced pocket watch, and the first watches made of wood, mother-of-pearl, stone, and plastic. "Needless to say, all that history and expertise has amounted to tremendous success and watches that combine form and function with the utmost precision... For active men seeking premium style and sportiness in equal measure, look no further."
To identify the top five brands in the men's mid-range watch market based on revenue, we first identified a short list of the most popular and respected brands in the men's mid-range market (based on the assumption that any top-performing brand will also be popular and respected). Then, we researched the revenue of each brand from credible sources such as company publications, industry reports, and press coverage, and narrowed the list down to the top five. Finally, we researched the value proposition of each brand using analyses from industry experts, media coverage, and company publications.