Hilton Sandestin Beach’s primary competitive set
As the hotel industry continues to expand in Florida, competition has become even more intense. Thus, news coverage for hotels can go a long way in helping high-end hotels in Florida, survive in the industry through exposure.
The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa
World-renowned chef talks new menu at The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa
- This is a local article that was published by WJHG on June 20, 2019.
- The article highlights that The Henderson Beach Resort & Spa is introducing new menu items, to expand its menu variety.
- The article opines that the Destin Resort and Spa already has quality ingredients and has a five-star level service, with a beautiful ambiance.
- According to the article, both new and existing clientele were welcome to try out the new menu items.
New Condos Coming to Henderson Beach Resort
- This local article was published by the Destin log on May 19, 2019.
- The article highlights that the Henderson Beach Resort and Spa seeks to diversify its portfolio by adding a range of new condos by partnering with a local real estate agency, Premier Property Group.
- According to the article, these luxury condominiums are expected to be finished by early 2020, ready for the summer. Almost 50 of the VIP condos have already been sold, ahead of the official launch.
- The article further explains that Parkside is expected to feature between one and three-bedroom condos, with high-end features such as stainless appliances, quartz countertops, crown molding, and polished chrome plumbing, among others.
The Henderson Resort and Spa Announces Art Wave Event
- This article was published by 30a Television on December 12, 2018, as a feature to highlight an event at the Henderson Resort and Spa.
- The article focuses on an art exhibition event Art Wave that was held at the resort on January 10, 2019, in a bid to celebrate local artists who have contributed to the art display at the resort, in addition to new places.
- According to the article, the event aimed to provide an opportunity not only for art viewing but also an opportunity for artists to mingle with fans and art lovers at Henderson’s Crystal Ballroom.
- The article further explains that 100% of the proceeds raised at the gala, through auction and ticket sales, were meant to be channeled to the South Walton Artificial Reef Association (SWARA) for charity purposes.
The Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
Sandestin Breaks Ground on New Full-service Hotel
- This article was published by WJHG on September 14, 2018 as a news item to highlight the groundbreaking of the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.
- According to the local article, the new hotel will provide full service, inclusive of restaurants, luxury spa, and conference room. The completion of the project is expected to boast 250 rooms and three-on-site rooms, in addition to a wide range of other amenities.
- According to the article, Sandestin already has another community-based hotel in Florida run by Hilton. However, the new project will be fully run by Sandestin investments. The new hotel targets a wide range of clientele, from business travelers to families.
Osprey Pointe at Sandestin, the Area’s Newest Vacation Condominiums, Now Taking Reservations beginning March 1, 2020.
- This article was published by Yahoo Finance on July 9, 2019, to highlight Sandetstin’s newest vacation condos.
- The article expounds that the establishment is expected to welcome its first batch of guests by March 2020.
- The article reported that development’s VP, Sara Becnet, the hotel is determined to achieve an elevated accommodation concept with comfortable and consistent hotel rooms, private and spacious atmosphere for both current and new customers
Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort Completes Major Renovation of Linkside Conference Center
- This article was published by Ciston PR Newswire, on June 5, 2018, as the main news item reporting on the major renovations at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort.
- This regional article further reported that the resort finalized renovating the 15,000 square-foot property and was now a modern function development ideal for over 1,000 groups of guests.
- According to the article, the resort has various amenities including two bayfront facilities, a ballroom occupying 5,500 square foot and an executive boardroom, among other amenities.
HOTELS OUTSIDE THE SOUTH WALTON AND DESTIN AREAS
With the overwhelming competition in the hospitality industry, hotels have had to find a niche and this explains why more hotels are remodeling to keep up with the competition.
The Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa
Alabama’s Grand Hotel Completes $35 Million Renovations, Rebrands as Autograph Resort
- This article was published by a local site Alabama News Center on August 29, 2018, to highlight the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa’s completion of renovations.
- According to the article, the establishment took three years and is estimated to be worth $35 million.
- Further, the article adds that the hotel was rebranded as Autograph, to establish a sense of independence.
- According to the article, there are over 400 guest rooms that were renovated, while some were converted into meeting and conference rooms.
- Even with the renovation and rebranding, guests were assured of the farm-fresh Southern cuisine, synonymous with the Grand Hotel.
Autograph Collection Hotels Bring Historic Southern Resort Onboard: Introducing the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa
- This article was published by the Marriot News on August 29, 2018.
- The article main’s focus revolves around the Grand Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, transformation. The article highlights that all the renovation and re-design were carried out by local professionals in Alabama.
- The article explains that even with the grand transformation, the hotel still boasts Southern charm and infuses the traditions with technology and other modern amenities to meet guests' demands.
Grand Hotel Tops New Lists of Best Alabama Hotels and Resorts
- This article was published by a local website Al on January 30, 2019.
- According to the article, the renovation cost over $30 million and is scheduled to be completed by May 2020.
- The article highlights that the resort is listed as one of the best hotels in all of Alabama, and even dubbed as “queen of Southern resorts.”
Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort
- Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort welcomes David Griffin as Director of Sales & Marketing.
- This article was published by Travel Daily News, on December 5, 2019.
- The primary element of the article is to highlight the appointment of a sales director, to head all sales and marketing operations of the hotel.
- The article also highlighted that the new sales director, through his over 30 years experience track record, would help to revive and re-introduce Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf and Spa Resort.
David Griffin Appointed Director of Sales & Marketing At Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort
- This article was published by a local website, Hospitality Net on December 6, 2019.
- According to the article, the appointment of the new sales and marketing director, David Griffin is expected to restore the resort’s glory, after the October 2018 hurricane.
- The article also elaborated that given Griffin’s vast experience in the hospitality industry, the hotel stands to benefit from his innate prowess to connect with clients, in addition to motivating the sales and marketing team at the resort.
Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort is back “Open For Biz”
- Published on November 7, 2019, by a local article, PanHandle, this article primarily discusses how Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort bounced back after Hurricane Michael.
- The article says that the resort is back to its normal operations after remodeling for months and the support so far, is impressive.
- According to the article, the resort has 200 brand new luxury guestrooms, in addition to three restaurants and pools, among other amenities.
Hilton's The Lodge at Gulf State Park
The Lodge at Gulf State Park, A Hilton Hotel Returns to Alabama’s Gulf Coast
- Published by a local website, NewsRoom, on November 2, 2018, this article elaborates on the various features and amenities at Hilton’s The Lodge at Gulf State Park.
- The article starts by explaining that even though the Hotel has been operational since 1974, it has undergone remodeling, rebuilding and re-emerges to improve its image, and this proves its resilience.
- Further, the article elaborates that the Lodge at Gulf State Park is the first-ever full-service hotel to run in the area, for two decades. The hotel boasts a destination for premier events and destinations, through a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities.
HOTELS SCHEDULED TO OPEN IN THE NEAR FUTURE
As the hotel industry continues to expand, more key players are expected to open soon. Hilton, for instance, is expected to expand its base in different states and communities such as Alabama.
Hotel Effie Sandestin
Now Accepting Reservations for the Newly Named Hotel Effie Sandestin
- This article was published by Intrado, as a piece on grand opening news, on August 6, 2019. The article emphasizes the various amenities within the yet to be debuted hotel.
- According to the article, Hotel Effie Sandestin will debut within Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, in at the beginning of summer, 2020.
- The article further adds that the hotel’s celebrity Chef Hugh Acheson, will prepare three-meal courses at the restaurant, while cocktails will be served at the lofty bar. Patrons will enjoy many other amenities such as a luxury spa, a well-equipped fitness center, and a rooftop pool.
The First Full-Service Hotel Owned and Developed by Sandestin Investments Opening Summer 2020
- In this news feature, published on August 2, 2019, in the regional website HospitalityNet, highlights how a new era brought with it a new launch, courtesy of Sandestin Investments.
- The article discusses how LLC announced the launch of its high-end family-owned hotel, Effie Sandestin that will be debuted at the beginning of summer 2020.
- According to the article, there are ongoing pre-debut leisure and group reservations. The hotel boasts 250 guest rooms with an assortment of room types, ad many other amenities.
Hotel Effie Sandestin Topping Out Ceremony Marks Construction Milestone
- Published on October 16, 2019, the article featured the news as the main item to cover a topping out celebration of Hotel Effie.
- According to this article published by Intrado, Sandestin Investments, LLC made this celebration as tradition to mark the completion of an establishment to its highest point.
- The article further adds that Hotel Effie was primarily designed to uphold and welcome different types of guests and exemplify the southern hospitality and exceptional service.
Embassy Suites in Orange Beach
Embassy Suites Now Set to Open in Spring of 2022
- This article was published by Mullet Wrapper on June 5, 2019, as a news feature, to announce the launch of Embassy Suites in Spring of 2022.
- According to the article, Embassy Suites development was initially scheduled to open in 2021, in late fall, but the debuting dates have been tweaked and moved to the spring of 2022.
- The article reports that as of mid-2019, the $85 million development had not received any groundbreaking. However, all site investigations, environmental and geotechnical, among other forms of surveys had been completed.
The research team could hardly find any news regarding Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin Miramar Beach. Instead, there were a lot of sponsored ads on the establishment on sites such as Embassy Suites by Hilton, among others. Alternatively, we tried to get some newsworthy items from articles such as Trip Advisor, which boasted mainly positive reviews about the establishment. We also experienced a challenge in finding news of plans to open Hilton Garden Inn Destin Miramar Beach, in Orange Beach, Alabama in the near future. Most of the sites that we browsed through such as Trip Advisor and Hotel Planner, just gave reviews, ratings, and prices on the existent hotels in Orange Beach, Alabama. This means that the hotels have not featured in any press releases within the past 24 months.