Corporate Compliance Training - Top Programs
Some of the top compliance training programs available to practicing/active compliance officers in the United States include CCBCO, CRCM, and CAMS in the financial industry, CHC, CCP, and CMDCP in the healthcare industry, and CRISC, ITIL, and CGEIT in the IT governance and compliance industry.
Certified Community Bank Compliance Officer (CCBCO)
- CCBCO is a broad certification program that is ideal for U.S. community banks. The program covers the areas of regulatory compliance a community bank Compliance Officer is accountable for.
- The program can cost anywhere between $395 — $3,995.
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- The program requires three years of experience as a financial compliance officer and is best suited for officers willing to enhance their skills or credibility. The program covers risk assessment, audits, U.S. federal laws and regulations, etc.
- The program costs $275 per year. Additionally, $750 has to be paid for taking the CRCM exam. For retaking the exam, it costs $450.
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- AML compliance officers “prevent money from flowing to and from criminals, terrorists, and others designated by the authority”. In order to be eligible, candidates must have prior experience and fulfill other requirements.
- The program costs $295 — $825 for private-sector professionals and $195 — $525 for those working in the public sector.
Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)
- The CHC program helps the officers in addressing the legal obligations and organizational integrity of healthcare. The program is suitable for active professionals looking to enhance their credibility and skills. Prior work experience is required to take up the program.
- It costs $275 to $375.
Certified Medical Device Compliance Professional (CMDCP)
- The program aims to provide compliance and regulatory training to ensure an officer is able to fulfill all the responsibilities as a CMDCP. The program covers topics such as quality and manufacturing concerns to product design, clinical trials, validation, and regulatory filings.
- The program costs $495.
IT GOVERNANCE AND COMPLIANCE
Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- The program covers topics such as IT risk identification, IT risk assessment, and risk monitoring. It ensures a successful career in IT and enterprise risk management.
- The program costs $595 to $725.
- “The ITIL program encompasses the breadth and depth of ITIL processes and practices across all ITIL disciplines”. It is classified as foundation, practitioner, intermediate, expert, and master. The program covers all aspects of IT governance and compliance and is meant for serious candidates alone.
- The program costs $4000 and includes all the sub-programs.
We examined the public domain to identify some of the top training programs available to active/practicing compliance officers in the US. Very few sources provided relevant answers and some of them were outdated. Additionally, the data we discovered was specific to certain fields such as governance and medical and was not generic. Further, during an extensive search, we came across a list provided by Avatier, a popular software development company from the United States. The list highlighted all the top compliance programs that active/practicing compliance officers can take up for a successful career. The list was published in 2018 and is the latest data available in the public domain. Since Avatier is an extremely reputable company and some of its clients include Accenture, Atlantis, BlueSky, Clarion, DHL, Harvard Law School, etc. we made use of the list to provide some of the top programs that active/practicing compliance officers can pursue. The programs are offered online and can be accessed from anywhere across the globe. The cost of the identified programs was discovered by checking the vendors or providers offering the program.