Compliance Competitive Landscape (1)
Second City Works has a varied and comprehensive marketing strategy and campaign presented throughout their website, social media outlets, and digital platforms such as YouTube, that encompasses their humor, their understanding of their clients needs, their deep knowledge base and practical experience, and their ability to make lasting impressions through brevity and wit. The services they offer are professional development, marketing services, and event support.
Services and Marketing Tactics of Second City Works
- Second City Work's services include innovative professional development, marketing services, and event support for their clients, with a minimum program fee ranging starting between $10,001 to $15,000. They focus on four areas of practice: effectiveness in sales, developing leadership and talent, marketing and content, and legal and compliance.
- Their professional development programs "augment existing curriculum" of companies, helping employees learn critical and necessary business skills that improve their work performance and experience. Their program weaves together interactive exercises, facilitated debriefs, and practical business applications, so that employees actually enjoy and are excited about learning. This firsthand direct experience they believe helps participants better "internalize ways to communicate, collaborate, and innovate—all while building comfort with risk and change."
- Second City Work's content and campaigns services feature video content that inspire change in the workplace, bringing in key concepts to focus on, rallying employees, reinforcing learning, and celebrating the growths and successes achieved. With their deep audience insights that make them as legendary as they are as comedians, they create digital, social, and video campaigns that aim to inspire employees and people to change their behavior.
- They offer services for meetings and events, with events of variable size, including podcasts, webinars, streaming talk shows, live town halls, and custom scene work that aim to increase dialogue, employee engagement, and loyalty and belief throughout the client's organization. Second City Work's events are educational, interactive, and truly hilarious. From a leadership summit, to a sales meeting, to an association conference, they offer their comedic writers and performers to work closely with the client, bringing essential information to life, while making people laugh so they remember and make the necessary changes in their actions.
Marketing Campaigns and Tactics
- Second City Works markets their services through a variety of avenues including their website, social media sites like Twitter and Facebook, and digital outlets like YouTube.
- The messaging used on each avenue varies, as their own website focuses on a professional, formal, but upbeat business tone, offering their services to the clients, showing how they are truly professionals and able to handle business in the right way to satisfy the customer. The website uses short example videos, clips, and images showing real footage and examples of some of the work done with clients, with a professional voice-over explaining why the services they offer are not only necessary but impactful, affecting lasting change. Their websites main marketing technique is focused on showing the excitement, effectiveness, and successful results of other clients.
- Their website features news, podcasts, and a blog providing useful professional articles on all aspects of improv in business.
- Second City Work's Twitter and Facebook pages market their services through the sharing of podcasts with speakers and innovators, relevant business articles, new research relating to better business practices and human behavior, and pictures of their events and upcoming event fliers. Their social media marketing campaign focuses on sharing knowledge and information that is relevant and insightful to the fields of business and humanity that help make understood the necessity and effectiveness of Second City Work's services.
- Second City Work's digital video campaign through YouTube focuses on humor through skits and scenes that show how the company is capable of making important and key information from a client relatable, funny, and memorable for employees. The main message here is to show how complex or dry topics and subjects can be related in such a way that is enjoyable to learn about and change, through the use of colorful, witty, skits with well-known actors (such as this clip entitled "Collaboration Skills" although from 2016). These skits and ads went from lasting a few minutes full of dialogue a few years back, to now just short 16 second clips that say a lot without saying much at all (such as this humorous clip entitled "Code of Conduct").