Technology Vendors - AI in Dentistry: Images
Six technological vendors offering artificial intelligence services to dentists include Pearl, ORCA Dental AI, VideaHealth, Dentem, Denti.AI, and Cellmatiq.
- Pearl is a software company in the dental industry with its "focus on solving challenging issues in the dental industry." The company was founded in 2019 with an estimate of 11 to 50 employees.
- Pearl is a private company built on the "notion that artificial intelligence can be the dental practitioner’s always-on assistant and the patient’s most trustworthy friend." The company offers technological solutions that prioritize the needs of the dentist and the patient. Pearl leverages 10 years of computer vision experience in ushering a "new wave of AI-powered dentistry tools."
- Tools such as the "Second Opinion" is a visual platform that puts an end to inconsistent x-ray readings. The platform is designed to identify pathologies instantly. Additionally, the Second Opinion platform by pearl is "trained on x-rays annotated by a team of world-renowned dentists" and makes use of the dentists' live feedback to improve its system.
- Other dentistry tools offered by Pearl to dentists include Practice Intelligence and Smart Margins.
ORCA Dental AI
- ORCA is a private company that was founded in 2017. The company's primary focus is on creating dental imaging solutions that improve dental practices. The dental company has an estimate of 2 to 10 employees and headquarters in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- ORCA Dental combines its clinical expertise with machine learning, AI technologies, and based on x-rays, CTs, and intraoral scans to create diagnostic reports, treatment plan suggestions, and smart clinical predictions for its users. The company boasts of its ability to provide dental image interpretation and accurate treatment plan to oral health specialists.
- The company's provides solutions for different categories, such as orthodontics, prosthetics, and diagnostics. Dental software companies and dental imaging system providers are beneficiaries of their solutions. Additionally, independent dental practitioners also leverage this solution for superior dental care.
- Some partners and clients of ORCA include NewTom and Coast Dental and Orthodontics.
- VideaHealth is a software company that was founded in 2018. The company's software integrates AI technology to enable dentists to detect pathologies in dental imaging and avoid missing diseases. VideaHealth has an estimate of 2 to 10 employees and headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
- VideaHealth offers 2 tools that are integrated with AI. They are the "VideaHealth insights" and "VideaHealth detect." These tools give dentists the ability to use AI technology to analyze x-rays and detect potential lesions. Dentists are provided with an advanced diagnosis for their patients.
- The company offers improved accuracy, quick detection, and improved health for dentists. Feedback from dentists indicates that the company's services are effective. The general dentist in Phoenix, AZ, stated, "this was a great experience, Videa showed me pathologies that I would have missed on my own. Very impressed."
- Cellmatiq is a private company that was founded in 2018. The software company develops artificial intelligence technology that helps benefit patients and medical professionals. Cellmatiq has an estimate of 2 to 10 employees and its headquarters in Hamburg, Germany.
- The company's first product DentaliQ uses "artificial intelligence automation in the identification of relevant diagnostic points in x-rays and reduces the analysis time from 15 minutes to mere seconds — thereby allowing dentists to focus more on their diagnostics and treatment plans."
- Specifically, the DentaliQ ortho uses AI technology is assisting dentists in the physiology and pathology of orofacial structures.
- Denti.AI is a software company that was founded in 2008. The private company has an estimate of 11 to 50 employees. Denti.AI is focused on providing "automated diagnostics for X-ray images in dentistry." The company has its headquarters in Ontario, Canada.
- The company enables dentists to interpret x-ray images and also allows for the detection of 30% of more pathologies using artificial intelligence. Denti.AI offers services such as "second opinion" from professional radiologists and consistency.
- In addition to reading dental images, Dent.AI enables dental practices to gain profitability, quality, and speed. The company offers a computer-assisted diagnosis of dental images down to the preparation of clinical assessment report on the clinical letterhead.
- Dentem is a private company that was founded in 2016. The company aims to empower dental services all over the globe. Dentem has an estimate of 2 to 10 employees and headquarters in Toronto, Ontario.
- The company is making use of artificial intelligence to identify problems within dental x-rays. DX Vision is a product/service offered by Dentem. This product makes it easier and faster for dental practitioners to detect issues and provides a second opinion within x-rays.
- Additionally, Dentem provides other products/services such as the Dentem scheduler and clinical. These services "integrate machine learning APIs, including the ability to auto-populate tooth charting. It offers dental practice software services that synchronize appointments across all platforms and maintains all patients' records electronically."
To carry out this research, the research team started by going through dentistry news reports, healthcare publications, journals, and AI industry reports and publications. We were hoping to identify key players in AI services to dentists. This search method proved fruitful because we identified publications from Aithority, Forbes, and Healthcare Techs listing the top 10 dental tech companies and key players in the AI dental services industry. The research team analyzed these lists and selected companies that focus on using artificial intelligence in reading dental x-rays or AI-based dental image reading software and also provided these services to dentists. Through this analysis, we were able to identify the 6 companies listed above.