Insights and Trends - Eco-Friendly Environmentally Conscious Tattooing
Trends in eco-friendly and environmentally conscious tattooing include the increasing popularity of vegan tattoo studios, vegan tattoo aftercare products, impact statement tattoos, and eco-friendly temporal tattoos.
Increasing Popularity of Vegan Tattoo Studios
- Vegan tattoo studios are increasing in popularity as people are increasingly looking for eco-friendly tattoo solutions.
- These studios use only plant-based products for their tattoos and offer plastic-free tattooing, including using plant-based, plastic alternative ink pots.
- This also includes using renewable energy, going paperless, and zero-waste policy.
- Even non-vegans are keying into the trend because vegan ink is believed to be healthier and heals faster than animal inks.
- This trend is being implemented in several studios and some studios are listed here.
- Vegan tattoo consumers are increasingly demanding vegan aftercare products for their tattoo.
- It is not just enough to provide vegan and environmentally conscious tattooing, cruelty-free products such as balm are also being demanded to help care for the tattoo after.
- Vegan aftercare product offerings are discussed in reports by Heavy, Vegan365, and Vegan Tattoo Studios.
Impact Statement Tattoos
- There is an increasing trend in using tattoos to make impact statements.
- Tattoos with statements such as "until every cage is empty", "animal liberation", and "vegan" are some popular ones. And vegans looking to get such tattoos generally search for eco-friendly tattoo studios.
- This is also reflected in their politics. For example, a number of Bernie Sanders supporters are tattooing "Bernie 2020" on their face to show support for their candidate whom a key part of his agenda is that "there is no 'middle ground' when it comes to climate policy."
- Conscious Ink has also tapped into the trend with several vegan-themed manifestation tattoos on offer.
- The trend was reported by NPC Daily, Read Inside Out, and The Olympian.
- The demand for temporal tattoos is on the rise and one of the reasons is because of its use as a consciousness tool such as to promote environmental consciousness.
- Temporal tattoos allow people to inscribe positive words, champion a cause, use inspiring quotes and healing affirmations more freely, knowing they can easily remove it after a while.
- Conscious Ink is an example of a company at the forefront of this trend and they offer vegan-themed manifestation tattoos that contain no animal products and they emphasize that they don't do any animal testing. The trend has also been reported by The Atlantic, Cascade Village, and Value Market Research.
To identify trends surrounding eco-friendly and environmentally conscious, we looked at several recent reports on eco-friendly and environmentally tattooing and selected trends/themes that were discussed in at least two of such reports.