Temporary Tattoos - US
Some of the trends surrounding the use of temporary tattoos in US adults include the popularity of more elegant, realistic, and long-lasting tattoos; getting temporary tattoos at tattoo parlors; and embroidery tattoos.
More Mature Tattoos
- Rather than butterflies and cartoon looking tattoos, adults in the US are now opting for more mature temporary tattoos.
- These adults want fake tattoos that can be considered tasteful and cool, while also looking like the real thing.
- Not only are they seeking cool tattoos, US adults want elegant and sophisticated tattoos.
- These sophisticated tattoos need to be appealing enough for their Instagram feeds.
Long Lasting Tattoos
- Typically, temporary tattoos last for less than a week.
- Nowadays, adults in the US are flocking towards temporary tattoos that can last up to two weeks and maintain their original form within those two weeks.
- A lot of temporary tattoos crack or start peeling off within a day but tattoo companies like Easy Ink have developed new techniques and ingredients that make temporary tattoos last longer.
- US adults want long-lasting tattoos that look richer with every passing hour.
- US adults now want temporary tattoos that are ultra realistic. They want their peers to find it hard to tell if their tattoos are real or not.
- Tattoo companies like PolyPro are popular among US adults because of how realistic their tattoos are.
- Realistic tattoos are incredibly appealing to adults who eventually want real tattoos. This offers them an idea of what the real tattoo might like.
- This is the value proposition that tattoo companies like Easy Ink offer. They claim they use a waterproof formula derived from a Jagua fruit extract. This natural pigment is FDA approved and looks like the real deal.
Fake Tattoo Parlors
- Temporary tattoos have always been purchased online or in physical stores. They typically come on like a sticker. They are then transferred to whatever part of the body the individual wants it on.
- Nowadays, adults are going to tattoo parlors to get temporary tattoos.
- Tattoo companies like Inbox use a natural fruit like formula found in South America to create these temporary tattoos.
- Similar to henna, this formula looks like the ink that is used for real tattoos and has become one of their best-selling offerings.
- The tattoos gotten at these tattoo parlors are safe, waterproof, and last up to two weeks.
- Recently, there has been an increase in the use of temporary embroidery tattoos.
- These tattoos look like stitched flowers and come in a wide range of styles and colors.
- They involve art paired with flowers and are considered "wearable works of art."
- Tattly is one of the pioneers of temporary embroidery tattoos. US adults want these tattoos because they are colorful and aesthetically pleasing to look at.
- They are also popular on social media. There are over 5,000 posts under the embroidery tattoo hashtag on Instagram.
- Embroidery tattoos are particularly popular among adults because they look like threads stitched into the skin, thus creating a realistic 3D look.
In order to gather trends related to the use of temporary tattoos in US adults, we selected the most discussed topics in credible news publications like Atlantic. We picked topics that were discussed in at least two reputable articles.