Talend - Leadership
Talend is a leader in cloud data integration and data integrity services, which enables companies to transform by delivering trusted data at the speed of business. Below are the profiles of 5 individuals from their leadership team.
Christal Bemont — Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Christal joined Talend in January 2020 as a CEO.
- Her tenure with Talend is 3 months.
- She completed her education from Missouri Western State University in 1992.
- 25 years of experience in building global businesses across small, mid-market, and enterprise segments.
- Previously, she had worked with a company named Concur, where she joined the company as Regional Sales Executive and was with the company for almost 15 years in different roles. (January 2004 – January 2020)
- She resigned SAP Concur as a Chief Revenue Officer.
- Before working with Concur, she worked with various other companies like Motorola, Extensity, and Clarify focusing on operational and technical roles.
- Lauren joined Talend in January 2019 as a CMO.
- Her tenure with Talend is 9 months.
- She completed her degree with a specialization in Marketing from Emerson College.
- She has a good track record of accelerating revenue growth at some Silicon Valley’s fastest-growing SaaS companies through modern digital marketing, branding, and demand generation programs.
- Before joining Talend, she served as Vice President of Marketing at Box and has also held executive roles at AdRoll and Salesforce.
- Strong background in demand generation and excels at building scalable integrated campaigns that leverage cutting edge marketing techniques.
- Co-authored the highly-regarded books “The Retargeting Playbook” and “Complete B2B Online Marketing.”
- She was a member of the Google Tech Advisory Council.
- A popular speaker at industry events such as ad: tech, South by Southwest, ClickZ Live, eMetrics and the Online Marketing Summit.
- She was named in the list of “Influential Women in Business” by the San Francisco Business Times.
Jake Stein — Senior Vice President of Growth
- Jake joined Talend in November 2018 as a Sr. Vice President.
- His tenure with Talend is 1 year and 5 months.
- Jake completed his Bachelor of Science with a specialization in entrepreneurship and finance from the University of Pennsylvania — The Wharton School, in the year 2006.
- Co-founder & CEO of a company named Stitch Inc which was acquired by Talend.
- Jake oversees go-to-market initiatives at Talend.
- Before Stitch, he co-founded RJ Metrics, which was acquired by Magento.
- He has also worked with a company named Insight Venture Partners as an Analyst.
Ciaran Dynes — Senior Vice President of Product
- Ciaran joined Talend in January 2011. Currently, he is Sr. Vice President of the product.
- His tenure with Talend is 9 years and 3 months.
- Ciaran completed his degree in Computer Science from Trinity College Dublin between 1992 – 1997.
- He is solely responsible for driving product strategy, product direction, and product management at Talend.
- Before joining Talend he held various roles at leading integration software vendors like Progress Software and IONA Technologies.
- At IONA Technologies he was responsible for the delivery of product lines on time, managing highly skilled development teams, implementation of the overall engineering process.
- He has spent 11 years with IONA Technologies in different roles, his last role was Director of Product Management.
- He has extensive experience for example, in driving cross-functional teams, managing products from cradle to maturity, justifying and negotiating new product development, including launching new products to the marketplace.
- Has good exposure of managing large-scale projects, and work in a globally distributed environment.
Jamie Kiser — Chief Customer Officer
- Jamie joined Talend in January 2020 as a Chief Customer Officer.
- His tenure with Talend is 3 months.
- Jamie completed her Bachelor of Science with a specialization in Business Administration, Marketing from West Virginia University in 2004.
- Before joining Talend, she worked with SAP Concur for almost six years where she has served various products, services, and implementation roles and most recently she was vice president, for the global public sector.
- She was recognized as a 'Catalyst' in SAP’s Excellence Program for continuously exceeding goals in executive management.
- Her expertise includes identifying and resolving key feature product gaps.
- She has also worked as an Analyst for Dell and in implementation and R&D for Northrop Grumman before SAP Concur.
We went through the company website to get the leadership names and also browsed their respective LinkedIn profiles. Then, we cross-checked their educational qualification via the company website and their LinkedIn profiles. We were able to get the complete educational details for the following individuals: Jake Stein, Ciaran Dynes, and Jamie Kiser. However, regarding the educational details for Christal Bemont and Lauren Vaccarello, especially for Christal, we were able to get only the completion year and university name. We were unable to get the name of the degree for Christal. We cross-checked their educational qualifications via the university website but no relevant information was available on the degree. For Lauren, we were able to get the name of the college, degree and specialization subject, however, we were unable to get the year in which she completed her degree. We followed the same process checked LinkedIn profile, university website, however, no relevant information was found.