SWOT Analysis: Lion Brothers
SWOT: Lion Brothers Inc
Lion Brothers is a global designer and manufacturer of apparel identity and badging systems for brands, corporations and non-profit organizations. Below is a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threat analysis of the company.
- Established in 1899, Lion Brothers has 120 years worth of experience, with a rich and extensive background, including manufacturing badges for World War I and II soldier uniforms. The company is a recognized leader within the industry.
- Lion Brothers claims to incorporate creative design with the latest in apparel design technology to deliver brand value and identity for notable brands and organizations. Consequently, it has established long-lasting partnerships with renowned brands like Nike, NBA, NFL, the Girls and Boys Scout, among others.
- The company offers a variety of products in apparel decorations, namely embroidered emblems and insignia, lion performance print licensed sports identity, heat transfers, embroidered appliques, laser-etched and perforated apparel identity, and decorations. Thus, it offers its consumers a wide range to choose from regarding their budgetary and apparel needs.
- It offers a research and development hub dedicated to researching fundamental properties of inks, thread, fabric, adhesives, and film as well as the research on operational processes on machinery tools. CEO Susan Ganz admits that the hub offers a different mindset alongside facilitating speed.
- It operates global manufacturing and state-of-the-art production facilities both domestically (United States) and in far east China that enable efficiency and consistency in production.
- Lion Brothers has a limited social media following. The company only has 97 followers on Facebook, over 600 on Instagram, and more than 500 on LinkedIn. Although it has a rating of five on Facebook, it is only based on the opinion of one person at the time of this research.
- Lion Brothers' sole focus on badging identities is perhaps a limit to its true potential.
- The projected emergence of smart apparel and smart fabrics presents an opportunity for Lion Brothers. Ganz foresees the chance for her organization to create a wearable computing innovation cluster, given the company's existing infrastructure in research, cyber, defense, and education.
- There is a gap, and therefore, an opportunity for Lion Brothers to fully utilize its retail lines with social media marketing of its customization and personalization services.
- There is an opportunity for the company to widen its market to Europe and target the sports fans for prominent soccer leagues like the EPL, LaLiga, Bundesliga, etc.
- The inadequacy of people willing to work on the unskilled tasks in manufacturing forces the company to automate and invest in new and complex machinery. A concern for the lack of a skilled labor force to operate the machines again rises. The problem has been highlighted by a 2018 Deloitte report that estimates that the current skill gap may leave 2.4 million positions in manufacturing unfilled by 2028.
We reviewed the company's website and social media pages to determine its strengths and weaknesses. We hoped we could find information that would enable us to provide an analysis of potential opportunities and threats. With the limited information we found, we embarked on a mission to find news related to Lion Brothers that could assist us with our analysis. A review of Lion Brother's competitors helped inform us about the subject matter.