Super Bowl Ad Celebrities
Arnold Schwarzenegger is the only celebrity to star in Super Bowl ads in back-to-back years for the same brand from 2013 to 2020. A number of celebrities have been used by multiple brands in the same year and in back-to-back years. Information on all celebrities used from 2013 to 2020 have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
Mobile Strike - Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Mobile Strike used Arnold Schwarzenegger in ads for the 2016 and 2017 Super Bowls.
- In 2016, the ad received an average 3.56 rating on the USA Today Ad Meter. In 2017, the ad received an average 4.04 rating.
- In 2017, the Mobile Strike ad was ranked 65th out of 66 and in 2016 the ad was ranked 57th out of 63.
Chance the Rapper
- Chance the Rapper appeared in a Quibi ad in 2020, and a Doritos ad in 2019.
- The 2020 Quibi ad ranked 59th out of 62, and a 4.4 average rating. Doritos 2019 ad received an average 5.63 rating and ranked 25th out of 58.
- Missy Elliott has starred in four Super Bowl ads between 2013 and 2020.
- In 2018, the Doritos/Mountain Dew ad ranked 4th out of 65, and received an average rating of 6.82. In 2017, Honda's ad starring Missy Elliott received an average rating of 6.97 and ranked 2nd out of 66.
- In 2016, Missy Elliott starred in Amazon's ad. The ad received a 5.63 average rating and ranked 14th out of 63.
- Morgan Freeman was featured in an ad for Doritos/Mountain Dew in 2018, and an ad for Turkish Airlines in 2017.
- In 2018, the Doritos/Mountain Dew ad ranked 4 out of 65, and received an average rating of 6.82. The Turkish Airlines ad in 2017 ranked 32nd out of 66, and received a 5.45 average rating.