Super Bowl 2020
Miami will be hosting Super Bowl LIV on Groundhog Day in 2020. It will a record 11th time for Miami, which hasn't hosted a tournament in 10 years.
MIAMI WILL BE A-LIV-E AFTER TEN YEARS
- South Florida will be hosting the Super Bowl after a decade in 2020. The last five Super Bowl's--1989, 1995, 1999,2007, 2010--in South Florida have been held at the Hard Rock Stadium. This is the most that Miami has had to wait in a very long time.
- The Hard Rock Stadium was known as the Sun Life Stadium in 2010. The stadium has been renovated and modernized since.
- The 2020 Super Bowl will be the 54th edition of the tournament. It is promoted as the Miami Super Bowl LIV.
- Given the venue, unlike the last three tournaments, which were held at Houston, Minneapolis, and Atlanta, cold weather won't be a factor in Superbowl 2020. However, there is a possibility of rain.
NEW ENGLAND'S SUBPAR PERFORMANCE AT HARD ROCK
- Though the New England Patriots have dominated the Super Bowl for close to two decades, but haven't appeared in a South Florida Super Bowl yet. Tom Brady from the Patriots' team has a less-than-impressive record at Hard Rock Stadium against the Miami Dolphins.
NFL's 100th YEAR
- Super Bowl 2020 will fall on the 100th anniversary of NFL's existence.
- The 2020 Super Bowl is scheduled for February 2nd, 2020, Groundhog Day.
- February 2nd is also National Get Up Day, Candlemas Day, National Hedgehog Day, National Tater Tot Day, and National Ukulele Day.
TWO CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF SUPER BOWL IN FLORIDA
- Florida hosted the Super Bowl in 2007, 2009, and 2010. The Super Bowl has not been hosted in Florida State since 2010.
- The 2021 Super Bowl is also to be hosted in Tampa, Florida. The 2020 Super Bowl will be the first of two consecutive SuperBowl's in Florida State.
MIAMI WILL EQUAL NEW ORLEANS RECORD OF HOSTING SUPER BOWL 11 TIMES
- In 2020, Miami would be hosting the Super Bowl for the 11th time; that will be the most any city has hosted the Super Bowl. Currently, New Orleans holds the record for having hosted the most Super Bowls.
HARD ROCK HAS HOSTED SOME OF THE MOST HISTORIC SUPER BOWLS IN HISTORY
- In 1989, "49ers beat the Bengals with a touchdown pass to John Taylor with just 34 seconds left in the game, winning the first of back-to-back titles for San Francisco".
- In 2007, Tony Dungy became the first African American to win the Super Bowl as head coach.
- In 2010, New Orleans won their first-ever Super Bowl championship.