A list of nine epidemiological data resources for the EU5 countries has been compiled in the attached spreadsheet, including a brief description of each and whether the resource provides regional-level data for each country.
- European Center for Disease Prevention and Control - Annual Epidemiological Reports
- WHO Centralized Information System for Infectious Diseases
- WHO Environment and Health Information System
- WHO European Health for All Databases
- WHO Global Health Observatory
- Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation Country Profiles
- The Incidence and Prevalence Database
- Public Health England
To find resources that provide the requested data, your research team first looked for global or European databases that include all the EU5 countries. The majority of the resources on the list come from that initial search. However, none of these databases include regional-level data for the countries. Next, we searched for databases that provide regional-level data. We were unable to find any single database that includes all EU5 countries and provides regional data; however, we found a couple of country-specific databases that provide regional data. This type of database may also exist in the other countries in the EU5, but we were unable to locate those databases due to the language barrier (the websites/databases are not available in English).