Skender Company Analysis
Skender Construction is a vertically integrated construction, design, and manufacturing company with almost 20 executives, four of whom are women. The company's prominent clients include LinkedIn, Soho House, PayPal, Google, Glassdoor, and Whole Foods Market.
- Lisa Latronico is the Vice President of People and Culture at Skender Construction. She is also a partner at the company.
- Belindo Moore is the only African American executive at Skender. She is the Executive Director of Skender Foundation.
- Lynn DeMeulemeester is the Director of Workplace Culture at Skender. She is in charge of all "activities related to the physical office operations and workplace culture, including the management of reception, concierge and special projects."
- Cheryl Skender is the Vice President of Strategic Relationships at the company. She plays an integral role in developing Skender's long-term vision, sales, and values.
- Mark Skender joined Skender Construction in 1989. He is now the CEO of the company.
- Justin Brown is the President of Skender. He is also a Partner at the company. Brown joined Skender in 2005.
- Jerry Bell is the Chief Financial Officer of Skender. He joined the company in 2003.
- Pete Murray is the President of Manufacturing at Skender Construction, while Afshan Barsha is an Executive Vice President and Partner at the company.
- Dan Ulbricht is a Vice President at Skender. He works as a trusted advisor. Michael Merle is the Vice President of Business Development.
- Dan Marijan is an Executive Vice President and Partner at Skender. Both Clay Edwards and Jeff Janicek are Vice Presidents and Partners.
- Stacy Scopano is Skender's Chief Technology Officer. Tim Swanson, on the other hand, is Skender's Chief Design Officer.
- Todd Andrlik is the Vice President of Marketing at Skender. Joseph Skender is the Chairman Emeritus at the company. He grew Skender to one of America's largest general contractors with revenues of more than $400 million.
- Skender has an internal marketing team. The company also uses external advertising agencies.
- Skender's internal sales team works on identifying leads, initiating real conversations with these prospects, and converting them to customers through email marketing and direct mail. Skender sends out newsletters to current and prospective clients.
- The company participates in trade shows and conferences to exhibit the SkenderLean method, its "proprietary, value-optimized approach to building."
- On its website, the company showcases its multitude of awards and recognition to entice clients, such as being the 27th top reconstruction firm in the US. Its website also displays colorful pictures of its work for top companies like LinkedIn.
- Skender leverages social media advertising as well. The company is active on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Across these platforms, it shares pictures and videos of its work.
SOCIAL MEDIA USAGE
- On Twitter, Skender has 1,798 followers and updates its page once a week with pictures of its work, new clients it has brought on, and awards it has received. On the platform, it describes itself as a company that is "revolutionizing how the industry builds."
- The company has 710 followers on Facebook and posts more often, two to three times a week. Its Facebook page is furnished with pictures of its employees, workspace, current projects, and past projects.
- Skender has 177 subscribers on YouTube. There, it publishes videos one to two times a month. These videos are about its annual highlights, what its foundation has achieved, employee experience, and projects.
- Skender has 1,713 followers on Instagram. A lot of its Instagram posts are about its employees, foundation activities, interns, and accolades. Skender publishes pictures and videos twice a week on this platform.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- In March 2018, Skender bought out Ingenious Architecture, a boutique design firm in Chicago.
- The company has not acquired, been acquired by, or merged with any other firm within the last three years.
- Skender has worked with several prominent companies. It helped with LinkedIn's multi floor addition to its Chicago space.
- From 2016 to 2017, Skender worked on Capital One's flagship space in Chicago for its tech incubator space.
- In 2015, the company worked on Google's office relocation to a new West Loop development and helped construct a full-service kitchen, several conference areas, and a roof deck.
- Other prominent clients include Kraft Heinz, Soho House, Hyatt House Hotel, Spaces, PayPal, Conagra Brands, Aspen Dental, Prezi, Glassdoor, Whole Foods Market, Motorola Mobility, Sprout Social, and United Way.
- In December 2019, Skender was named the Modular Builder of the Year by Construction Dive.
- In September 2019, Skender completed the construction of LinkedIn's new headquarters expansion project in Chicago. It was the interior construction manager for this project.
- In July 2019, Skender opened a new prefabricated building manufacturing facility the Southwest Side of Chicago. The "new Skender advanced manufacturing facility is a win-win for Chicago, generating job growth on the Southwest Side while advancing a creative solution to address the affordable housing shortage."
- In May 2019, Skender kicked off work as the interior construction and base building manager for Residences of Crystal Lake, a senior living facility in Illinois.
- Sterling Bay partnered with Skender to construct an "83-unit apartment building and 10 three-flats on Chicago’s West Side, all offering affordable housing units, with another 100 or more affordable housing projects to follow all around the city." Sterling Bay will be using Skender's modular construction approach.
- Fast Company named Skender one of the world's most innovative companies in February 2019.
- Other 2019 news about Skender include its interior construction of Spaces in April 2019, wrapping up the development of Hyatt House Hotel in June 2019, and its interior development of Biosciences' new HQ in August 2019.