Suave / Garnier Fuctis Hair Care Social Media Analysis
Suave maintains a professional, chromatic, and formal tone to market its hair care products on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Garnier Fructis uses an inviting and receptive tone on Instagram and Twitter. A thorough analysis of how these brands use social media to market their hair products can be found in columns C to D of the provided spreadsheet.
- On Twitter and Instagram, Suave describes its hair care line as products that have produced "salon-quality results since 1937." Its background picture on Twitter features a multicultural family, implying that its hair care products can be used by anyone.
- Suave has a more interactive and family-oriented approach on Facebook. It describes its Facebook page as a "fun, family-friendly community, where people can share their passion for Suave, and where Suave can reveal secrets and insider tips to unlocking top beauty topics." The brand also responds to most comments on this platform.
- Suave hardly ever uses hashtags to market its hair care products on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. In the few 2019 posts it used hashtags, its most used hashtags were #SuaveBeliever on Facebook alone and #SuavePartner on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Suave mirrors its posts across all social media platforms. On Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, Suave features people it calls partners. These partners are social media influencers, hair stylists, and celebrities the brand works it. Some examples are Jenny Cho, Naturally Temi, and Yusef Williams.
- A lot of its posts on Facebook and Twitter feature families and children. It partnered with Marvel Entertainment for its kids hair care product line. Posts about this partnership was a main theme on its social media platforms in 2019.
- Garnier Fructis only has a US Twitter and Instagram account. It does not have a US Facebook account. While the company has a global Facebook account, it has not updated this account since 2015.
- On Instagram, it encourages its hair care customers to "share the love by tagging #GarnierGirls & #GarnierGuys!" It mentions that these posts will be reposted on its website or Instagram. On Twitter, it urges its hair care users to show their "#GarnierGirl style for a chance to be featured!"
- Garnier Fructis uses a lot of hashtags for its hair care products on Twitter and Instagram. Its most used hashtags for its hair care products on Twitter are #haircare, #sleekittobelieveit, and #sleekshot. It uses these hashtags on almost all posts about its hair products on Twitter.
- On Instagram, its most used hashtags are #sleek, #hair, and #shampoo. These are used in a lot of its posts related to hair care on the platform.