Reports on European Structured Finance
Eleven reports from credible sources like research firms, consultancies, analysts, governments, and think-tanks that reference the future of the European structured finance market have been presented below.
Principles for Developing a Green Securitisation Market in Europe
- A position paper published by the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) explains that green financing and increased sustainability are the key developments that will occur in the near future of the European structured finance market.
Taking the Pulse of the European ABS Market
- The consulting company TMF Group highlights some key trends expected in the future of the securitisation market in Europe, especially as they relate to securitising non-performing loans.
European CMBS 2.0: How sustainability is the future of the product
- Law firm White & Case LLP discusses the future of the European securitisation market and concludes that greater sustainability will be the key driver of future changes.
Regulatory Developments in Europe: 2019 Outlook
- The report published by Blackrock argues that the future of the currently declining European structured finance market relies on the proper implementation of the new Simplicity, Transparency, and Standardisation (STS) Securitisation Regulation.
How to Fix European Banking and Why it Matters
- The cross-discipline thematic research paper from Deutsche Bank argues that creating a European capital markets union will help revive securitisation markets on the continent.
Amazonisation is the Future of European Financial Services
- The presentation of a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers also argues that finalizing the Capital Markets Union will be instrumental for the future prosperity of structured finance in Europe.
Securitisation: the Impact of New EU Regulations
- Consulting company Vistra claims in its report that the STS regulation will require market participants to implement significant changes in their operating model.
Securitisation Regulation (“EU SR”)
- This brief by J.P. Morgan Asset Management explains how the company, acting as an investor in the European securitisation market, will change its operating model to comply with the new EU Securitisation Regulation.
Draft Report on STS Framework for Synthetic Securitisation
- The European Banking Authority argues that having separate regulations for synthetic securitisation would enable innovative models of structured finance to thrive in Europe, even though it does not state how likely it is that such regulations will be brought into force.
The Role of Luxembourg & FinTech in Securitisation
- Paperjam, a business newspaper from Luxembourg, published an article about The Role of Luxembourg & FinTech in Securitisation conference, where FinTech companies like CrossLend were presented as a potential new key participant in the European structured finance market.
The Future Drivers of Securitisation
- Ian Sutton, a funding and securitisation consultant for Phoebus Software published an opinion piece in the Mortgage Finance Gazette, citing distributed ledger technology (DLT) as a key future driver of the securitisation markets, especially in Europe where DLT can help participants comply with the new STS regulation.