Strategic Thinking - List of Articles, Part 1
After extensive research, we have provided five resources relative to strategic thinking in the workplace. This information can be found in rows 3-7 of the attached spreadsheet.
5 WAYS TO DEVELOP MORE STRATEGIC THINKING
- The article highlights how company heads develop their strategic thinking skills and how these skills can be gradually implemented among the workforce.
- Employees who are aware of the company strategy are more likely to plan and provide solutions in the future.
HOW TO MASTER STRATEGIC THINKING
- This article provides insights on how to master strategic thinking skills.
- The article reveals that reaching out to and "befriending other leaders, managers, and front-line staff" will help to build a better understanding of what the organization needs to improve.
- According to the author, applying strategic thinking comes down to building human connections and listening to others.
Additional information can be found in the attached spreadsheet.
Strategic Thinking - List of Articles, Part 2
Five resources relative to strategic thinking in the workplace have been provided in rows 8 to 12 of the attached spreadsheet. Below is a summary of the articles that we found.
STRATEGIC THINKERS ARE FOUND TO BE THE MOST HIGHLY EFFECTIVE LEADERS
- The article highlights the different ways strategic thinking can be implemented in the workplace.
- According to the article, strategic thinking is a leadership quality that helps employees to anticipate future events.
- To foster strategic thinking in the workplace, employees should be encouraged to plan their tasks at the beginning of every week.
- Ongoing learning programs need to be implemented to ensure that employees always plan for future events.
HOW STRATEGIC THINKING CAN BOOST YOUR PERFORMANCE AT WORK
- The article gives a description of strategic thinking and how it can improve performance in the workplace.
- The author notes that strategic thinking is a cognitive process that involves making projections on performance in order to remain competitive in the future.
- To boost performance, employees should always be aware of the company's current position, its goals, and any anticipated challenges.
- Thinking about the future in a strategic way motivates employees to improve their performance.
HOW TO BE A STRATEGIC THINKER
- The article discusses what strategic thinking entails and the different ways it can be implemented.
- The article reveals that strategic thinking entails analyzing the financial performance of a company, being updated with industry trends, and understanding different performance metrics such as turnover.
- Strategic thinking requires one to be a forward thinker by anticipating and looking for future opportunities.
- Strategic thinking calls for collaboration among employees, which encourages idea sharing.
STRATEGIC THINKING: BECAUSE GOOD IDEAS CAN COME FROM ANYWHERE
- The article distinguishes strategic thinking and strategic planning. It also gives pointers on how to be a strategic thinker.
- Strategic thinking is defined as the search for different ways of contributing to organizational success by employees at all levels.
- According to the author, an effective way of becoming a strategic thinker is by allocating time to think strategically.
- To think strategically, people should understand the ways of identifying impending opportunities and threats.
STRATEGIC THINKING: WHEN THEORY MEETS THE WORKPLACE
- The article defines strategic thinking and the different ways it can be applied in the workplace.
- Strategic thinking involves understanding the different systems within an organization and the value they bring to it.
- Strategic thinking requires intent that comes from a unique view of the future, which is used to give a sense of direction.
- The article notes that strategic thinking needs one to have the ability to adapt using new strategies.