Steel Structure Testing Services Market
SGS, Bureau Veritas, and Intertek are among the top players in the steel structure testing services market in the UK and their 2019 global revenues were $7.5 billion, $6 billion, and $4 billion respectively. The testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) market, including steel structure testing is expected to be about $85 billion by 2024. The market shares for SGS, Bureau Veritas, and Intertek in the UK's TIC market are 1.5%, 20%, and 0.7% respectively.
- SGS is among the top inspection, verification, testing, and certification companies globally, including steel structural testing. The company indicates that it has about 2,600 locations across the world and that has over 89,000 employees globally. Information on some steel structure testing projects the company has done can be found here and its global revenue in 2019 was about $7.5 billion.
- SGS UK has its head office in Ellesmere Port and it has about 50 facilities, including 17 laboratories spread across Great Britain and Northern Ireland. SGS UK has about 1,500 employees and it is the leading steel structure testing company in the UK.
- According to Craft.co, Bureau Veritas is among SGS's top competitors in the UK. The company has about 23 locations in the UK and close to 1200 employees in the UK and Ireland. Information on the company's testing procedures and standards, including steel structure testing can be found here.
- Bloomberg reported that Bureau Veritas's 2019 global revenue was about $6 billion.
- Craft.co reported that Intertek was among SGS's top competitors in the UK. The company provides a wide range of services, including structural steel testing & inspection, remediation management, earthwork inspection & testing, and abatement monitoring. According to Investors, Intertek's 2019 global revenue was about $4 billion.
- According to Globe Newswire, the testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) market, including steel structure testing is expected to be about $85 billion by 2024.
- The UK's share in the TIC market is estimated at 20% and this implies that by 2024, its revenue will be about $17 billion. This was calculated by the formula: UK's TIC market share (%) *Europe's market size = 20%*$85,000,000,000=$17,000,000,000.
- Markets and Markets indicated that Europe's TIC market this year is valued at about $50 billion. Since the UK has a 20% share in this market, its value is about $10 billion (20%*$50,000,000,000=$10,000,000,000). Companies House indicated that SGS UK's 2019 annual revenue is about $146 million which is about 1.5% of the TIC market in the UK, including steel structure testing (($146,000,000/$10,000,000,000)*100=1.46%).
- Intertek UK's annual revenue is about $2 billion which is about 20% of the TIC market in the UK, including steel structure testing (($2,000,000,000/$10,000,000,000)*100=20%).
- According to Endole, Bureau Veritas' 2019 revenue was about $69 million which is about 0.7% of the UK's TIC market, including steel structure testing (($69,000,000/10,000,000,0000)*100=0.67%).