Company Overview - Stance Socks
Stance Socks was founded in 2009 with the philosophy that socks can be functional, fashionable, and fun. It has a list of big brand ambassadors like pop musicians and professional athletes as their marketing strategy. Below is a comprehensive overview of the company.
- In 2009 in California, Stance Socks' founders Jeff Kearl and John Wilson wanted to give sock, the forgotten accessory, a chance to shine and become popular. The philosophy of Stance is that socks can be functional, fashionable, and fun.
- In 2015, Stance was the official sock of the NBA and the vice president stated that Stance is a little sock company that's the first brand to have its logo on every player on the NBA court. People always want to be the same as their popular NBA player, so they buy a Stance.
How The Company Grew To What They Are Now
- Stance has a list of big brand ambassadors as their marketing strategy. Those people are pop musicians and professional athletes.
- The current ambassadors are NBA player James Harden, music artist Rihanna, surfer John John Florence, PGA tour golfer Bubba Watson, artist Brian Bent, motocross athlete Kenny Roczen, stylist Imogene Barron, and skateboarder Ishod Wair.
- Stance also makes the popular podcast The Craziest Day of My Life, and it is available on iTunes, Google Play, iHeartRadio, and Stitcher.
- This company also ships worldwide with the warehouse of Stance With Rocky Mountain roots, Stance Socks’ warehouse is based in West Valley City, Utah. They can sell to more than 40 countries because of their worldwide shipping.
- Stance did research to make high-quality products. Stance co-founders tried over 2,000 pairs of socks to note the details on what they liked or didn’t like about the quality of those socks. They also have a quality control lab, named Socks Hosiery Research Engineering and Development (SHRED).
- Every sock in Stance Run Collection is made of Feel360, a new proprietary material designed to maximize comfort and durability. The fabric incorporates silver ions to reduce odor-causing bacteria and has breathable mesh so feet stay dry.
- Influence from celebrity popularity in sports and music such as when Rihanna boasts her Rihanna X Stance Collection, Dwayne Wade and Will Smith as the investors, and Jay Z made Stance Socks into his song lyrics: "This ain’t gray sweat suits and white tube socks / This is black leather pants and a pair of Stance".
- The investments make this company grow rapidly. The total funding amount is $116 million in 5 funding rounds from some VC such as August Capital and Mercato Partners.
- Countries they are now in: According to its website, the store locations are in the US, UK, China, Germany, France, Italy, and Japan.
- Products they offer: lifestyle and performance socks, underwears, and T-shirt
- Headquarters: San Clemente, California, Greater Los Angeles Area, West Coast, Western US
- Revenue: Stance has $186 million in estimated annual revenue.