Sriracha and JDR
Although information on Sriracha exportation by JDR Sales and Marketing is severely limited for reasons noted below, existing information shows that JDR is currently the sole exporter of Sriracha to the Philippines and is currently working to further expand this footprint within this country and possibly in the surrounding region. As of 2019, approximately 240,000 bottles of Sriracha were expected to be sold in the Philippines, amounting to around $500,000. JDR Sales and Marketing ships the bottles to the Philippines by way of shipping containers and works with a third-party liaison in order to help them connect with importers.
Sriracha Export Business Model
- JDR has exclusive export rights for Sriracha in the Philippines.
- JDR focuses on promoting Sriracha as a product of the U.S. as these types of products are especially popular in the Philippines. JDR's president notes that this concept was key in deciding to export the product there.
- JDR is planning to expand their marketing and sales efforts of Sriracha to untapped markets in the Philippines. For example, the company recently obtained Halal certifications for the sauce in order to sell it to the Muslim populations in the Philippines. JDR hopes that the popularity of this sauce will grow among this demographic and therefore create opportunities to sell the sauce to Muslim populations in other Southeast Asian countries as well.
Sriracha Export Financials
- The president of JDR noted that the 2019 sales volume of Sriracha exports to the Philippines is around 240,000 bottles.
- JDR exported around $500,000 worth of Sriracha to the Philippines in 2019.
Sriracha Export International Logistics
- JDR ships Sriracha internationally by way of shipping containers.
- JDR partners with a third-party liaison to help them locate importers for their Sriracha product.
This research has revealed that there is currently a lack of publicly available data and information pertaining to JDR's exportation of Sriracha. This lack of information appears to be due to the fact that this exportation deal is new (announcements of this deal were made as recently as September 2019), the announcements pertaining to this deal only provide a limited number of insights, all the media outlets reporting on this are reporting the same exact insights, and there is a lack of publicly available information about JDR Sales and Marketing overall, as we were unable to locate a company website, annual report, or SEC filing for this company. All relevant information found has been included above.