Sports Betting: NHL
There is a wealth of assistance available to beginners on how to bet on the NHL. Live About, Corsica and Action Network offer comprehensive, but simple to understand guides, as well as basic calculators and tools to help with the accumulation of knowledge for a novice. Furthermore, easily digestible tutorials are available on the Linebacker, The Betting Expert, Sports Betting Dime, and Beating Betting, covering a variety of topics, including essential tips and strategies for beginners, as well as teaching about the most common mistakes made by novices.
BASICS OF BETTING ON THE NHL:
- Live About names the three concepts that need to be understood before placing any bet on the NHL, including the money line, puck line, and Grand Salami.
- According to the Action Network, the best way to judge one's success in betting on the NHL is how many times they have beat the closing line.
- Basic sports betting terminology explained in alphabetical order is available on the Action Network.
EDUCATIONAL TOOLS FOR BETTING ON THE NHL:
- The main page of Corsica permits a novice to choose from distinct areas of learning, such as skater and team statistics, live games betting, and charts.
- The Corsica Goalie Stats Tool helps with learning about goal-keeper statistics.
- The Player Comparison Tool by Tableau Public helps a beginner learn about player comparisons by inputting the names of any two NHL players, after which a summary report becomes available.
- Sports Betting Calculators & Tools from the Action Network introduces different betting calculators for beginners to use, with a one-sentence description on what they mean, such as betting odds, odds value, and hedging.
- How to Bet on the NHL: The Basics from the Sports Betting Dime discusses different betting types for beginners, including parley and multiple game bets, NHL prop and futures bets. It also teaches them how to place live in-game bets.
BASIC TIPS AND TRICKS ON BETTING ON THE NHL:
- The Linebacker Betting Tips explains the basic tips for betting on the NHL successfully, such as the importance of keeping an eye on goal-keepers, team schedules, how good/bad a team is at penalty killing and power plays, and making a profit on a good team using live game bets.
- Betting Expert has produced a guide that explains, in plain English, the basic betting strategies for newbies. In addition to the ones already mentioned, it addresses the importance of maintaining one's betting records and how to avoid short odds on totals. It also includes a live chat where one can ask betting-related questions.
- The Don't Bet the House guide from Live About discusses common mistakes made by novices. These include bad money management, betting on wrong events, lack of knowledge, casino betting, and betting on too many TV games.
- NHL Betting Tips 2019 by Beating Betting presents additional tips and strategies for beginners, such as paying attention to injury reports, betting in the first period, the home versus away dimension, betting on unpopular teams, and overtime and shoot-out whilst betting in-play.
- The Action Network provides additional learning for beginners available through Twitter, such as BetAndyBet, Rob Pizzola, Charting Hockey, and Manny_Hockey.