Spirit Brands - Relief and SM Influencers
Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, The Rock, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Barrack Obama, Ellen DeGeneres, Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Senena Gomez are the top disaster relief influencer, based on number of followers. Bacardi has been very ptoactive in their disaster relief efforts around the world. Their most recent effort included a $3 million donation this past September to victims of the 2017 hurricanes.
SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS ON DISASTER RELIEF
We determined the top influencers on disaster relief based on the number of followers. We have organized and summarized our results in the spreadsheet that was provided.
1. Beyonce used Instagram to post about donating the money made from one of her songs to hurricane victims. She also set up a link on her page for followers to donate for natural disaster relief.
2. Kim Kardashian set up a link on her Twitter to donate to natural disaster victims.
3. The Rock, a survivor of Hurricane Andrew donated $25,000 to hurricane victims in Houston and created a link on his Instagram page for others to donate.
4. Justin Bieber issued a challenge to his celebrity friends to donate to victims of Hurricane Harvey via his Instagram account. Justin Bieber donated $25,000 to the Red Cross to help victims.
5. Katy Perry, urged followers to donate at the MTV Video Music Awards and used her Twitter to post a link to the American Red Cross.
6. Barrack Obama used Twitter to encourage Americans to expand efforts to help Puerto Rico & the USVI by joining oneamericaappeal.org.
7. Ellen DeGeneres encouraged followers to tweet 90999, on Twitter, to make a $10 donation to the American Red Cross for victims of Hurricaine Harvey.
8. Lady Gaga encouraged donations to Team Rubicon via Instagram and volunteered for them. Team Rubicon is a "team of Veterans and first responders joining forces providing disaster relief."
9. Justin Timberlake used Twitter to promote SomosUnaVoz, a concert he performed at, to help hurricane victims in Puerto Rico.
10. Selena Gomez used Twitter to post a link for donations to hurricane victims in Texas, her home state.
BARCARDI DISASTER RELIEF EFFORTS
In September 2017, Bacardi donated $3 million to natural disaster relief. The company, donated $2 million in cash along with other assistance to Puerto Rico and $1 million to "local relief agencies supporting communities impacted in Florida, other islands in the Caribbean, The Bahamas, and Mexico." The Barcardi Rum distillery has been located in Puerto Rico since 1936. In October 2017, Bacardi delivered " 120,000 gallons of much-needed fresh water" to the island.
Facundo L. Bacardi, Chairman of family-owned Bacardi Limited stated, "The Bacardi family, company and our employees are deeply saddened by the devastation and horrific loss caused by the recent hurricanes and earthquakes. We hope these donations will help alleviate some stress and pain people are experiencing while addressing some of their most basic needs."
Bacardi contributed $100,00 to help with the relief of Hurrincaine Harvey. Bacardi USA donated $50,000 to the Southern Glazer’s fund with a commitment to donate an additional "$50,000 of Bacardi employees’ contributions to the Southern Glazer’s fund, the American Red Cross, the Houston Food Bank/Feeding Texas, the Houston Humane Society or the Salvation Army."
In 2011, the company donated $50,000 to the Japan Platform to aid the relief efforts in Japan for earthquake and tsunami victims. The company also encouraged its 6,000 plus employees in 16 countries to donate and agreed to match the donations for an additional $50,000.
Bacardi has also made donations to relief efforts in" Brazil and Australia (floods), Southeast Asia (tsunami), China (earthquake), the United States (Hurricane Katrina), Cuba (hurricanes and tropical storms of Fay, Gustav, Hanna and Ike), Haiti (earthquake) and Chile (earthquake)."
We have provided you with the ten top influencers in social media, as well efforts made by Bacardi. We hope that you find this useful!