Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits Executives
The top five executives at Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits live in either Miami, Florida, or Dallas, Texas. When Glazer and Southern merged in 2016 the company executives from the company merged, however Glazer leadership remained in Dallas and the Southern leadership stayed in Miami.
- Harvey Chaplin is the Chairman at Southern Glazer.
- Chaplin did not attend university or college but began his work career after graduating from Boys High School Brooklyn.
- He was one of the founding executives at Southern Wine & Spirits in 1969.
- Chaplin began his career in 1969 in the mail room at Schenley. He worked for the company until 1968, and worked his way up from the mail room to running the wholesale operations in Buffalo, Rochester and Albany.
- In 1994, Harvey Chaplin was appointed as the Chairman and CEO of Southern Wine and Spirits.
- Harvey Chaplin currently resides in Miami, Florida.
- Bennett Glazer currently serves as the Executive Vice Chairman at Southern Glazer.
- Bennett Glazer has a B.A. degree in Business Administration from the University of Texas.
- Since graduating in 1968, Glazer has worked at Glazer. He began his career in the Houston office as a salesman.
- From 1981 to 1996, he was the Vice President at the Glazer’s Corporate Office.
- In 1997, Glazer assumed the position of President and CEO of Glazer’s, Inc.
- Bennett Glazer lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Wayne Chaplin is the current CEO at Southern Glazer.
- Chaplin graduated with a bachelors degree from the University of Miami, and went on to receive his law degree at the University of Miami School of Law.
- Prior to joining Southern Wine & Spirits in 1984, Wayne Chaplin practiced law at a Miami law firm.
- Chaplin began his career at Southern as the sales supervisor, and was appointed the VP of Operations in 1987.
- From 1989 to 2014 he assumed a number of different executive positions in the company before being names the President and CEO.
- Wayne Chaplin currently resides in Miami, Florida.
- Sheldon Stein is currently the President at Southern Glazer.
- Sheldon Stein received his Bachelor’s degree Magna Cum Laude from Brandeis University and his J.D from Harvard Law.
- Stein began is career at Hughes & Luce as a partner. For the next 20 years, Stein worked as the Senior Managing Director at Bear Stearns & Co Inc.
- From March 2008, he was the Vice Chairman of Global Investment Banking at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- In 2010, he joined Glazer as the CEO.
- Sheldon Stein is currently located in Dallas, Texas.
STEVEN R. BECKER
- Steven R. Becker is the Executive Vice President, Treasurer & Compliance at Southern Glazer.
- Becker received his B.S. in finance from Syracuse University, his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law, and has earned his M.B.A. from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Prior to joining Southern, Becker worked in various positions at Knickerbocker Liquors Corp.
- In 1985, Becker joined Southern as the Vice President of Finance. In 1993, he was promoted to First Vice President and Treasurer of Southern.
- Steven R. Becker currently resides in Miami, Florida.