Sourcegraph Competitive Landscape
Full details for the companies and software may be found in rows 3-11, columns C-I, of the attached spreadsheet. Of the listed companies, Google Cloud Platform has the highest revenue of $1 billion, while SourceForge has the least documented revenue of $4.4 million.
- Github was founded in 2008 by Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, and Tom Preston-Werner.
- GitHub has received a total of $350 million in funding and has an estimated revenue of $250 million.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has about 501-1,000 employees.
- GitLab was founded in 2014.
- GitLab has received a total of $435.2 million in funding and has an estimated revenue of $80 million.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an estimated 650 employees.
- BitBucket was founded in 2008.
- BitBucket has an estimated revenue of $4.7 million.
- The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has about 1-10 employees.
- Perforce was founded in 1995.
- Perforce has revenue of $150 million.
- The company is headquartered in Minneapolis and has 450 employees.
- SourceForge was founded in 1999.
- SourceForge revenue is estimated at $4.4 million.
- The company has about 101-250 employees and is headquartered in San Diego.
Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud was founded in 2012
- Google Cloud has $1 billion in revenue.
- The company has about 10,001 employees.
- Hound integrates with existing workflow and providing automated code review by reviewing, commenting on code immediately a GitHub pull request is opened.
- Hound is maintained by Hound Group LLC, which is based in California.
- The software was launched in 2012.
- OpenGrok is a source code search and cross-reference engines for programmers to search and navigate source code trees.
- The software is written in Java and can understand version control histories and various file formats.
- The platform was launched in 2006.
There is no information in the public information covering the revenue, number of employees and funding for OpenGrok, Hound CI, SourceForge, BitBucket, Google Cloud and Fisheye. Your research team leveraged information from press releases, company websites, business databases like Crunchbase, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn, Craft, among others. For OpenGrok, we could not find the number of employees as the platform is open-sourced and maintained by a large community and searching through the parent company (Oracle) website and annual reports, there was information on the financials or number of employees on the platform. According to Hound Group LLC, (founders of Hound), the software is operated by a small group in the company, and there was no further information on the actual number of persons working on the platform and also, Hound is open-sourced and maintained by a large community. BitBucket and Fisheye are platforms by Atlassian Corporation, and there is no information on the funding rounds of the software after searching through the company's websites, press, and business databases. The lack of information infers that the platforms have not undergone any funding rounds.