Telefonica - New Businesses (2017 - 2019)
Telefónica had 28 new businesses from 2017-2019 with 1 announced in each of Peru, Iceland, and the US and 2 announced in Chile. The rest of them were in Spain. A link to the spreadsheet can be found here.
- Alcobendas near Madrid, June 14, 2019 — Santander and Telefónica develop together the first 5G use cases of the banking sector in Europe.
- Madrid, 27 May 2019 — Telefónica and Schindler join forces to provide IoT connectivity for elevators and escalators worldwide.
- Madrid, 16 May 2019 — Telefónica launches Movistar Car in Spain to turn vehicles into connected cars.
- Madrid, 21 March 2019 — Movistar launches Movistar Money in Spain, a consumer loan service for its customers. It is a Telefónica initiative that forms part of their new digital services.
- Madrid, 10 April 2019 — Telefónica will safeguard the security of the Internet of Things with a new IoT cybersecurity unit.
- Lima, 24 February 2019 — Telefónica, Facebook, IDB Invest and CAF create Internet para Todos Peru to expand internet connectivity in Latin America.
- Madrid, 10 December 2018 — Movistar adds Netflix to its offer with a new user experience and creates new packages with more GBs and another mobile line.
- Madrid, 19 November 2018 — Movistar offers a new convergent security service to protect navigation, content and devices.
- Madrid, 15 November 2018 — Telefónica and Stratio announce partnership to offer a Big Data Platform as a Service solution for corporate customers(source 9)
- Madrid, 12 November 2018 — Telefónica strengthens collaboration with Sodexo with the provision of new digital services in Spain.
- Madrid, 21st June 2018 — Telefónica and Ericsson launch private virtualized networks that cover the high connectivity demands of the industry 4.0.
- Madrid, 19 June 2018 — Movistar and Twitter develop a pioneer customer care solution through a bot.
- Madrid, Los Gatos, California, May 24, 2018 — Telefónica to integrate Netflix into its TV and video platforms in Latin America.
- Madrid, April 3, 2018 — Telefónica signs an agreement to work on integration of IoT devices into Microsoft Azure.
- Madrid, March 21st 2018.-Telefónica creates a suite of Big Data products for enterprises in partnership with Huawei.
- MWC, Barcelona, February 25th 2018 — Telefónica launches Aura and leads the integration of artificial intelligence in its networks and customer care.
- Madrid, February 21st 2018 — Telefónica partners with McAfee to protect customer devices embedding its technology in the home Internet routers.
- Madrid, 5th November 2017 — Telefónica starts smart networks development.
- Madrid, 28 November 2017 — Telefónica presents Pigram, the answer to posting on social networks and other channels when there is no Internet access.
- Madrid, 14 November 2017 — Telefónica revolutionizes the connectivity market with plastic fiber and 60GHz Wi-Fi.
- Madrid, Thursday October 5th, 2017 — Telefónica integrates its digital and biometric signature solution SealSign with Microsoft Azure.
- Chile, June 2017 — Telefónica and Huawei to launch NB-IoT Open Lab to boost the Internet of Things.
- Madrid, 21st March 2017 — Ferrovial chooses Telefónica as communications provider for the next five years.
- Barcelona Tuesday, March the 1st, 2017 — Telefónica presents the first mobile LTE network running in just 40 grams of hardware.
- Mobile World Congress (MWC), Barcelona, February 26, 2017 — Telefónica presents AURA, a pioneering way in the industry to interact with customers based on cognitive intelligence.
- Chile 15th February 2017 — Telefónica, Huawei and Kamstrup launch in Chile the first project with NarrowBand IoT technology in Latin America.
- Madrid/Reykjavík, 8 February 2017 — Síminn and Telefónica enter into a partnership.
- Mexico D.F., January 24th, 2017 — Hertz México will improve its operations and customer experience with Telefónica IoT solutions.