Hose & Couplings - Gates
Gates manufactures and sells hydraulic hose and couplings including, air brake / compressed air hose, spiral wire hose and couplings, PTFE hydraulic hose and couplings, thermoplastic hose and couplings, wire braid hose and couplings, textile braid hose and couplings, live swivels, hydraulic adapters & valves, brass adapters, ball valves, hydraulic equipment & crimpers, quick disconnect couplers, and hydraulic accessories. Gates operates (manufactures and sells hose and couplings) in North America, including Canada and Mexico. Other parts of the world where Gates sells hose and couplings include Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Additional information on the competitive analysis of Gates is found on column C of the attached spreadsheet.
1. DOES GATES SELL HOSE & COUPLINGS IN NORTH AMERICA?
- Yes, Gates operates (manufactures and sells hose and couplings) in North America including Canada and Mexico.
2. DOES GATES SELL HOSE & COUPLINGS IN LATIN AMERICA?
- Yes, Gates has manufacturing and distributing (sales) facilities in Brazil, Argentina, Sao Paolu, etc.
3. DOES GATES SELL HOSE & COUPLINGS IN EUROPE, AFRICA, OR THE MIDDLE EAST?
- Yes, Gates is present in Europe, Middle East & Africa and its products are sold in 128 countries. Gates recently acquired Rapro to strengthen its European fluid power business.
4. DOES GATES SELL HOSE & COUPLINGS IN CHINA?
- Yes, Gates products are sold in 128 countries, including Greater China.
5. DOES GATES SELL HOSE & COUPLINGS IN THE REST OF ASIA?
- Yes, Gates has field sales specialists relevant to Japan.
- Several Gates products are manufactured specifically to meet Japanese specifications.
6. DOES GATES DISTRIBUTE HOSE & COUPLINGS DIRECTLY TO THEIR CUSTOMERS?
- Gates does not disclose if it distributes directly to its customers. However, Gates distributes replacement parts and runs a significant number of production and distribution centers.
7. DOES GATES DISTRIBUTE DIRECTLY, DOES IT HAVE EXCLUSIVE DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS?
- We have assumed that Gates distributes directly as it advertises distribution jobs, indicative that the company handles distribution significantly by itself.
- Gates also has authorized distributors and representatives.
8. CAN YOU BUY THEIR HOSE & COUPLINGS ON THEIR OWN WEBSITE?
- No, there is no "buy now" product on Gates website, see the "where to buy page" to locate a nearby Gates store.
9. CAN YOU BUY GATES HOSE & COUPLINGS ON 3RD PARTY WEBSITES?
10. ARE GATES PRODUCTS "CONNECTED" TO ALLOW FOR MONITORING?
- No. Gates products catalog does not have any listing for components with sensors.
11. HAS GATES MADE ANY RECENT ACQUISITIONS?
- Yes. Gates acquired Atlas Hydraulics in October 2017, and GTF Engineering & Services in June 2017.
12. HAS GATES MADE OR ANNOUNCED ANY SIGNIFICANT RECENT INITIATIVES OR INVESTMENTS?
- Yes. Gates Industrial plans to invest $51.8 million on IT in 2019.
13. HAS GATES DESCRIBED THEIR BUSINESS STRATEGY?
- Yes. The strategic growth (direction) of the Gates led by its executives for various regions includes optimizing its performance to comply with social responsibility for every regional business function.
To provide the requested data on the hose and couplings offerings of Gates, our research team scoured through press releases, market reports, and the website of Gates. We gave priority to first-hand information obtained through Gates, and our strategy was mostly straightforward.
We have assumed that the products of Gates which are sold in 128 countries across four commercial regions include hydraulic hose and couplings. This assumption is vital whenever the products have not been categorically listed out for a country, but Gates is present and operates in the country. Hoses and accessories are a significant product of Gates. We have also assumed that Gates advertises distribution jobs, and this is indicative that the company handles distribution significantly by itself. Gates also has authorized distributors and representatives.