Nutrition Bars CPG Digital Campaigns: Larabar
In the past year, Larabar has worked with influencers, appeared at the London Fashion Week and presented the product as enviromentally-friendly.
LARABAR — DIGITAL MARKETING EFFORTS IN THE PAST YEAR
- Throughout the past year, larabar has worked with Instagram influencers such as Jessica Skye, Kim Hartwell, Natalie Glaze and fitness blogger Adrienne Herbert.
- The company that is behind Larabar, General Mills, has invested £700,000 in the Larabar launch campaign. A third of this investment was allocated to influencers.
- On Instagram, insights surrounding the heritage and founding of the brand were presented and questions from the public were answered. The posts depicted the products in eye-catching ways and in various situations, such as inside of a sandwich box.
- On Pinterest, the product was marketed by suggesting suitable flavors that "go well" with the product, while on YouTube, a story about the founder and his creation of Larabar was published.
- Larabar was positioned as a "healthy bar" that appeals to young, active, purpose-driven and responsible individuals, with specific aim at individuals interested in wellness, yoga and fashion. The snack has made a debut at the London Fashion Week and was labeled the "healthy food for influencers"
- The Larabar campaign also aimed at enviromentally-aware consumers by working alongside enviromentally-friendly "Larabikes" and in presence of multiple recycling bins, to emphasize environmental awareness.
DIGITAL CHANNELS USED TO REACH CONSUMERS
- The brand's homepage depicts Lara, the founder of the brand, and her story behind the product.
- On the brand's Instagram account, which boasts 95,000 followers, mostly photographs showing the product are posted, with emphasis on brand's values. On their Pinterest account, health advices related to the bar are posted.
- Facebook is also used by this brand, often to create connections between specific holidays, such as the Mother's Day, and the product. The brand's Facebook account boasts over 260,000 followers
- On Twitter, the brand has 40,600 followers, while on YouTube, the brand boasts 3,940 subscribers.
BRAND STORYTELLING VS. PRODUCT MERCHANDISING
- On its website, the brand is most focused on the brand storytelling, with immersive presentations and hyperlinks, all connected to brand's story. Founder's story behind the product is highlighted, using professionally-made animations. This is also the case on the brand's Instagram and YouTube accounts.
- The brand's Facebook account, on the other hand, is rather focused on promotions and marketing of the product itself. Overall, more effort is put into promoting the brand's storytelling.
To answer the query, the research team has examined and analyzed brand's official website, social media accounts as well as third-party reports on the brand's marketing efforts.