Business Overview - Groups Recover Together
Groups Recover Together was founded in 2014 by Jeff De Flavio, Joy Sun, and Silas Howland. The goal of the company is to provide salable treatment options for opioid addiction.
- In 2014, Groups Recover Together was founded in Nashville, TN "to make treatment for opioid addiction respectful, accessible, and affordable."
- The company's goal was to create a treatment option that uses evidence-based practices as well as scaleable options.
- Groups Recover Together has implemented three venture funding rounds in October 2015, April 2017, and October 2017. Unfortunately, because the company is private, they have not released information regarding the amount of funding for each round.
- The company was founded by Jeff De Flavio, Joy Sun, and Silas Howland.
- Jeff De Flavio has never founded any other companies in the past. He is, however, a board member of Tempest Inc. In addition, he has obtained his Bachelor's of Arts in Philosophy, MD, and MBA from Washington University and Dartmouth respectively.
- Joy Sun has a background in health and wellness and engagement management at Walmart and McKinsey respectively. In addition, she worked as COO at Give Directly. She received her Bachelor's in Science from Georgetown and her MBA from Stanford.
- Silas Howland worked in business development for Powerdash before co-founding Groups. He graduated with a diploma from Boston University and an AB in Evolutionary Biology from Harvard.
- The company provides weekly meetings in a group setting as well as phone counseling.
- The company operates in California, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and West Virginia.
- The company does not disclose an accurate business model or their profitability. The company focuses on making medications available to customers by developing a novel delivery method that is attractive to both physicians and patients. There are no reports on the companies profits through annual reports, company profiles, or news publications.
In order to find the company's business model and key achievements, we began our search by scouring the company website for any indicators of how the company obtains customers and profit. Unfortunately, there was no data found through this search. We then scoured company profiles and business databases such as Crunchbase, Pitchbook, and Better Business Bureau. Unfortunately, this search did not provide any additional insight into the business model or key achievements in the past year. Finally, we scoured news publications for any mentions of how the company operates, obtains customers, and generates profit. Unfortunately, there was no additional information found through this search.
Additionally, in order to find any company achievements in the past year, we scoured the company social media sites for mentions of anything that could be perceived as an achievement. There are no mentions of company activity in 2018 or 2019.