Software Development Agencies - Global
Software development companies that are not headquartered in the United States and that focus on building SaaS platforms are in short supply, as most software development companies offer a wide range of development services. The closest companies we could find are SoftFormance (Ukraine), Rademade (Estonia), Selleo (Poland), Oodles Technologies (India), and Gravit-E Technologies (Canada). All five companies have more than two employees, but only three, namely, SoftFormance, Rademade, and Selleo explicitly state that they deal mostly with SaaS development. Compared to these three companies, both Oodles Technologies and Gravit-E Technologies offer a broader range of development services. Both companies mention SaaS development on their respective homepages, however. Further details about these companies are provided below.
To better understand the companies that are of interest, we started off our research with a review of the websites of Clear Function and Metisentry, the companies that were provided as examples. Then, we proceeded to check if lists or rankings of the top, leading, best, or largest SaaS development companies in the world are readily available in the public domain. This initial step returned only a couple of rankings, those published by Medium, Incredo, and GoodFirms, but unfortunately, none of them proved helpful. The rankings released by Medium and Incredo do not appear credible, while the ranking released by GoodFirms appears to contain mostly companies that are not primarily SaaS development companies. The ranking also contains companies that provide hosting services.
As our initial strategy did not yield relevant results, we decided to scour websites where software development and information technology companies are reviewed, for example, Clutch and GoodFirms. We found, however, that the companies in these databases cannot be filtered to SaaS development companies. On Clutch, the closest category we could find was the custom software development category. And as previously mentioned, on GoodFirms, companies can be filtered to SaaS companies, but these are not necessarily development companies. As we observed, some of them provide hosting services, and most of them do not appear to focus on SaaS development.
We could not locate any SaaS development market or industry reports as well, so as our last resort, we looked for webpages with mentions of expertise, strength, specialization, leadership, or extensive experience in SaaS development. This step led us to several companies with expertise or extensive experience in SaaS development, but upon further examination of these companies' websites, we learned that nearly all of them offer a broad range of software development services. We picked those companies that actually mention SaaS development on their homepages and narrowed the list down further to companies indicating or suggesting greater focus on SaaS development. Determining whether SaaS development accounts for more than half of these companies' businesses proved difficult, as the companies have no published financials. We could only rely on qualitative information and how the companies describe their services.
- Name and website: SoftFormance
- Location: 14 Hrechana str., Lviv, Ukraine 79041
- Number of employees: 24
- Tagline: "We help online entrepreneurs build SaaS apps since 2011"
- Notable customers: Clients include Byteful, Prescient Digital Media, Backchat, Choose Help, Gryps.ch, Opesta, iHoppers, Assecor, Socialinsight.io, Dilly Socks, and Fotografen 365.
- Proof of SaaS focus: SoftFormance's homepage highlights its focus on SaaS development. Not only does its tagline focus on SaaS development, SoftFormance also indicates on its homepage that since it was founded in 2011, it has found its focus on SaaS apps. Its mission is to "help online entrepreneurs build and grow 1000+ successful SaaS startups."
- Technologies: Technologies SoftFormance specializes in include Angular, Djjango, Facebook API, Python, React.js, RabbitMQ/Celery, D3.js, Pandas, Chart.js, Data Mining, Flask, Instagram API, and IoT.
- Name and website: Rademade Technologies OÜ
- Location: Harjumaa, Tallinn, Peterburi tee 46-104a, Estonia 11415
- Number of employees: 51-200
- Tagline: "Offshore software development company creates the best turnkey solutions for your business"
- Notable customers: Clients include Spitche, Facewatch Limited (UK), Visualizers Pvt. Co., New Strategies Group, and AzRestoran.
- Proof of SaaS focus: Rademade notes on its homepage that it has "a passion for SaaS development, especially ERP and CRM." Its homepage shows that e-marketplaces are its only other passion. Rademade also says on its website that it is a SaaS development company.
- Name and website: Selleo
- Location: Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością sp. k., ul. Powstańców Śląskich 3, 43-300 Bielsko-Biała, Poland
- Number of employees: Over 50
- Tagline: "Your web & mobile software development partner company"
- Notable customers: Clients include Northwood Advisors, Documobi Ltd, American Funding Innovators, Inc., SquadLocker, Ascend HIT, Battleriff, Studentvikarie Sverige AB, Neutopia, and B4B Payments.
- Proof of SaaS focus: Selleo indicates on its homepage that its "clients and their teams usually craft and market SaaS software products or build and maintain their own cloud-based software solutions."
- Technologies: Technologies Selleo specializes in include Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Elixir, AWS, React.js, Ember.js, PWA, Json API, and GraphQL.
- Name and website: Oodles Technologies
- Location: Sohna Road, Gurgaon, India
- Number of employees: 201-500
- Tagline: "Empowering digital innovators worldwide"
- Notable customers: Clients include Inventivetec Inc., Geeks Inc., Trendr Inc., EigenSteil B.V., Media Images Inc., Motion.io, SecureNow Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd, Jesusstream, 3Baysover, Yorsolution, B.V., Vision360, IT Exchange Inc., Model Citizen, Appdator Mobile Ltd, StreamJobs Ltd, and Whatslively Pty Ltd.
- Proof of SaaS focus: Though it lists several services on its homepage, Oodles Technologies lists SaaS application development services first and highlights its HTML5, jQuery, Groovy and Grails, AngularJS, and Java development services for SaaS multi-tenant responsive web applications. SaaS services are first among several specialties the company has listed on its LinkedIn profile, and the company titled its website homepage "SaaS Web & Mobile App Development | Blockchain Development Services."
- Name and website: Gravit-e Technologies Inc.
- Location: 610 - 525 Seymour St., Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6B 3H7
- Number of employees: 11
- Tagline: "We are a team of business-savvy developers who bring your ideas to life through cloud apps, SaaS, e-commerce solutions and much more."
- Notable customers: Clients include Sutton Realty, Simon Fraser University, the City of Vancouver, and October 17 Media.
- Proof of SaaS focus: Gravit-e Technologies notes on its homepage that its expertise lies in developing custom software applications, SaaS applications, and websites, and building custom software integrations. It also notes on one of its webpages that it has a "proven track record" of helping customers roll out successful SaaS applications.