CPAP Mask Market Size
The CPAP masks market in the United States is valued at $312 million.
- The CPAP Masks market in the United States is worth $312 million.
- New technologies in the CPAP masks market have enabled the design of gender-specific CPAP masks. Improvements with cushions made of silicone, foam, gel, and fabrics are now available for purchase.
- As a result of such developments, more CPAP masks can meet patient preferences and are likely to drive growth in the near future. The global CPAP Masks market grew at 5.42% between 2013 and 2016.
- The typical sleep apnea patient is between 50-70 years old. The boomer generation, which is the largest generation in the United States, is the target generational demographic for sleep apnea products.
- An increase in life expectancy has also resulted in a much larger geriatric population, and therefore, greater usage of sleep apnea products like CPAP masks.
- Increased awareness about sleep apnea, better diagnosis, and patient adherence have also boosted sales of CPAP masks.
- ResMed, Philips, Fisher & Paykel, BD, Invacare, DeVilbiss Healthcare, Hans Rudolph, Circadiance, Sleepnet, Innomed, Armstrong Medical, Apex Medical, BMC Medical, and 3B Medical are some major manufacturers of CPAP masks globally.
- The United States CPAP devices market is valued at $4.3 billion.
- The global CPAP Masks market is valued at $756 million.
- The current size of the global oxygen therapy masks market is $4.39 billion. It is expected to grow at 11% CAGR in the period 2017-2021.
In order to fulfill this research request, we searched in multiple sources. First, we looked for research reports on the United States CPAP masks market; however, we were unable to find any reports specific to the CPAP masks market in the United States. Instead, we found reports on the United States CPAP devices market, the global face masks market, and the global sleep apnea market. Next, we searched the CDC, but the information found was mostly pertaining to sleep apnea and sleeping aids; there was no information available to indicate the market size of CPAP masks. Lastly, we looked industry portals such as the National Sleep Foundation, Sleep Education, and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. This too did not yield any results. Given the unavailability of precompiled information, we triangulated an estimate for the same.
The global oxygen therapy masks industry is projected to grow at 11% in the period 2017-2021 CAGR to $5,407.55 million. Therefore, the current market size of the global market is $4,389 million (calculated using Omni Calculator). The share of CPAP masks in the oxygen therapy masks industry is 17.2%. Therefore, the global market size for CPAP masks is 756 million (17.2%*$4,389M). North America has a 50.01% share of the global sleep apnea industry and the United States accounts for 82.5% (determined through visual examination of the chart) of the North American market. Therefore, 41.26% (82.5%*50.01%) of the global sleep apnea market can be attributed to the United States. Assuming that the share of the United States in the CPAP masks market is the same as its share in the global sleep apnea market (41.26%)--as CPAP devices and masks are used to treat sleep apnea--the market size of the CPAP masks market in the United States is $312 million (41.26%*$756M).
Please note that one of the sources used is from June 30th, 2017; the source is a couple of months older than two years. The report shares data from 2016, which was the most recent publicaly available data we could find.