Business Social Media Registration: Part 1
Twenty one business social media registration details have been provided in rows 2-22, columns B-F of the attached spreadsheet. Examples of these social media platforms include: Facebook, WhatsApp, Line, LinkedIn, Telegram, Medium, and Sina Weibo among others. Below are highlights on these platforms.
- Facebook offers brands or businesses two options; Pages or Groups.
- Users create Facebook Pages by following this link.
- Facebook Group can be opened by clicking the 'Create' button on a user's profile and selecting 'Group'.
- The only requirement for opening a Facebook Page or Group is that the individual creating these tools has an individual Facebook Account.
- Once a brand opens a Facebook Page or Group, they can proceed to get verified to enable more functionalities in sending ads.
- Telegram messenger app is accessible through various platforms including PC, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- There are no business accounts but business owners can create an individual account and then use the platform's channels and groups to reach their target audience.
- Medium does not have a separate business account but business owners can create a new publication for marketing purposes.
- Medium accounts can be created through this link.
To gather insights on social media platforms that a business should register to ensure that it protects its name, your research team selected the top global social media platforms by monthly active users. Once, we had assembled this top list we reviewed each platform and provided links to creating business profiles. However, there were some platforms that did not differentiate between business (brands) and personal profiles (like Medium and Telegram). For such platforms, we included links for the general user registration and sources that showed how to use the available features to promote a business identity. Additionally, (where applicable) we listed requirements needed in order to obtain a business account.