Austin-based Influencers (1)
In Austin, the family unit is an important aspect of life and this explains why more social media influencers are exploiting this niche through content on social media platforms.
Jamie IveyJamie Ivey
- Jamie IveyJamie Ivey is an Austin-based social media influencer. She focuses on family-based issues, among other forms of content. She is also a published author (@ifyouonlyknewbook).
- A review through her social media pages, such as Instagram shows that she has over 94,000 followers and her content is mainly about family and parenting. Her LinkedIn profile is available here/
- Her content mainly revolves around various issues identifiable with moms, such as family nutrition, meal plans, recipes and cooking.
- A scroll through her social media platforms show that Amanda Waltman, an Austin-based social media influencer is passionate about family lifestyle content, among others.
- Her blog is well categorized into the various forms of content she addresses. However, her blog tends to capitalize on family lifestyle, and particularly, her journey into motherhood.
- Amanda has over 2,300 posts and over 66,000 followers on her Instagram page.
Rachel: Austin, Texas Blogger at Cha Ching Queen
- Among other forms of content, Rachel creates family lifestyle content and this is evident on her social media platforms.
- Her social media pages are under the handle ‘Cha Ching Queen.’ Rachel has over 1,100 posts and over 20,000 followers on Instagram.
- Her Pinterest platform seems to have a bigger following with close to 2 million viewers a month.
- Shruthi, currently bases in Austin, Texas creates content that varies on various topics, but she seems to focus more on marriage, which is evident on her website.
- As an influencer, Shruthi uses her various social media pages to reach her audience. Her social media handle is “thehonestshruth.”
- A scroll through her Instagram page shows that Shruthi has over 1,400 posts, and 108,000 followers and over 292,000 viewers monthly on Pinterest.
- Chet is an Austin-based social media influencer that creates various forms of content, including parenting content, especially for dads and family lifestyle in general.
- A scroll through his Instagram page shows that he has over 2,100 posts and is followed by over 28,000 people. His Twitter account, on the other hand, has close to 12,000 followers.
There were various challenges that we encountered in trying to find influencers based in Texas who focus on mom/family topics. One of the challenges is that there were not so many social media influencers that focused on family-related content, and even those that did, such as Jamie Ivey, Rachel, Amanda Waltman, Shruthi Parker, and Chet, made family-content not as the main content, but as a niche among other various content such as travel, fashion, and recipes, among others. The other challenge was finding social media influencers that are strictly from Austin, so we only came up with five as most of the other social media influencers were in other parts of the US, outside of Austin, Texas.