What is the size of the professional development market?
- An exhaustive search did not find any market report that may include a breakdown of the US professional development market by segment, including the human resources segment.
- The professional development market in the U.S. is segmented by end-users into K-12, higher education, and pre K-12.
- The US corporate training market is segmented by end-user into banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), IT and telecom, healthcare, automotive, manufacturing, and others.
After an exhaustive search, no market report on a breakdown of the professional development market in the US, broken down by segment to include human resources, was found in both public and paid reports. However, in the course of this research, we found a report on corporate training that could be helpful for this research. Below, we have presented publicly available reports that are helpful, as well as an explanation of our research strategies in the last sections of this report.
Professional Development Market Segmentation
- A market analysis report published by Technavio on the professional development market in the U.S. provides that the value of the market will grow by a CAGR of 5.52% to hit $3.75 billion by 2026.
- The report includes a segmentation of the market by end-users into K-12, higher education, and pre K-12; and by type into online and offline.
- The report does not provide any further segmentations into sectors such as HR, health, IT, etc.
- Access to the full report costs $2,500 for single users and $4,000 for enterprise users.
- This report by Technavio was cited by multiple market reports such as Research and Market, PRNewswire, Businesswire, and many more.
Corporate Training Market Segmentation
- Technavio published a report on the US corporate training market. The report includes a segmentation by end-user into banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), IT and telecom, healthcare, automotive, manufacturing, and others.
- By training services, the market is segmented into technical, leadership, managerial, sales, customer support, and others.
- The report also provides further segmentation of the market by delivery mode, organizational size, designation, deployment, and by training.
- A single-user license for this report costs $2,500 and an enterprise license costs $4,000.
- This report was also published by Ken Research, PRNewswire, and others.
To provide market reports that provide a breakdown of the US professional development market into segments, including human resources, we scoured through reliable market analysis sources such as Research and Market, PRNewswire, Businesswire, and others. Unfortunately, while these sources published an analysis of the professional development market in the U.S., none of these reports included a segmentation of the market by sectors such as HR, IT, health, etc. We expanded the scope of our research to include North America and further expanded to a global scope from sources such as Market Data Forecast. However, none of these sources included a sub-segment on HR. As an alternative, we have provided a report on corporate training in the US. Though gated by a paywall, we have provided the license cost of the report.