Organizational Structure: TE Connectivity and ABB
After an exhaustive search through company websites, financial filings, industry reports, and various job portals, we were unable to identify the required details of the organizational structure of shared services technology centers of TE Connectivity and ABB in India or globally. However, we were able to identify the incorporation details of the shared services centers established by these companies in India and the details of some management personnel associated with these service centers. We have presented below an overview of the helpful findings for the given companies.
- The company's shared services technology center division in India is known as 'TE Connectivity Global Shared Services India Private Limited' and was incorporated in 2015. The same is based in Bangalore, India.
- According to LinkedIn, the shared services division has 16 employees. However, the names and profiles of most of these employees were not publicly accessible on the platform.
- As per the publicly available information, Rajaram Rajkumar and Kamlesh Pribhu Balani were appointed as directors of the shared services division in 2015 and 2016 respectively. However, no information regarding their role or reporting line could be found.
- Arun Kakatkar is the Managing Director of TE Connectivity India and is also responsible for the company's global shared services center in India. He also serves as the VP HR of TE Connectivity Asia Pacific. No information specific to his role at the shared services technology center or his reporting line could be found in the public domain.
- In addition to managing the operations of the global shared services center in India, Arun Kakatkar is responsible for the integrated manufacturing operations of the Indian subsidiary, representing "TE on JV and associate company boards, enabling growth and success of the businesses in India, and facilitating inorganic growth opportunities."
- The C-level staff of the parent company, TE Connectivity, includes Terrence R. Curtin (CEO), Heath Mitts (Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer), Shad Kroeger (President, Communications Solutions), Tim Murphy (Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer), and John S. Jenkins Jr. (Executive Vice President and General Counsel).
- The company opened its shared services technology center, known as the 'Global Business Service (GBS)' center, in Bangalore, India, in June 2016. The center was expected to employ over 1,000 people.
- The above-shared services technology center functions as part of ABB Group's wholly-owned subsidiary entity in India known as ABB India Limited.
- As per LinkedIn, Sudhir Banerjee is the Senior Vice President-Head of the GBS center. However, no information regarding his role or reporting line could be found.
- In addition, Prakrithi Shetty is the Head HR at the GBS center. She is responsible for conceptualizing & institutionalizing people's strategy and processes in line with the global business strategy. However, no details of her reporting line could be found in the public domain.
- The C-level staff and directors of ABB India Limited, which is the holding company of GBS center, include Sanjeev Sharma (CEO & Managing Director), TK Sridhar (Chief Financial Officer), Akilur Rahman (Chief Technology Officer), JC Deslarzes (Chairman), Darius E Udwadia (Director), Nasser Munjee (Director), Renu Sud Karnad (Director), and Tarak Mehta (Director).
- In 2017, the company also opened a GBS center in Krakow, Poland. The same was expected to employ more than 2,000 people. However, no details of the organization structure of the same were available in the public domain. Pawel Lojszczyk serves as the Managing Director of ABB in Poland.
The research team began by scouring through the corporate websites of TE Connectivity and ABB and their 'Leadership' sections. However, the corporate websites only showed the executive team for the overall company, with no details for smaller business divisions. We also looked through the annual reports and other financial filings of the given companies but found the same level of detail regarding leadership information.
We also searched through various media articles from Forbes, Business Standard, Economic Times, Bloomberg, Reuters, and Live Mint among others, but no details specific to the organizational structure of the shared services centers of the given companies could be located. All the details found were regarding the incorporation of the shared services divisions of the given companies in India and globally. In addition, we also looked at various business intelligence resources such as Crunchbase, Zoom Info, Reuters, BusinessWire, American Chamber of Commerce in India (AMCHAM), and Great Place to Work in India among others, but none of these sources yielded any relevant information. We also expanded our search to look for shared services divisions of the given companies in other countries. While we were able to find that ABB has a GBS in Poland as well, no details regarding the organizational structure of the same could be located.
Lastly, we tried to triangulate the information by using various job portals such as LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, etc. During our research, we found that each of the given companies has an Indian subsidiary and the operations of the shared services technology centers are primarily controlled through the same. Hence, we tried to leverage the various job portals to search for executives working at the Indian subsidiaries of the given companies and see if they also manage the operations of the shared services centers. We could have then used the organizational structure of the Indian subsidiaries to triangulate the structure for the shared services technology centers, given the fact that they mostly share the same management. While we were able to identify a few leadership names for Indian subsidiaries and shared services centers of the given companies, there was no evidence found that the management team of the subsidiary also controls the shared services centers. We could just find that Arun Kakatkar, who is the Managing Director of TE Connectivity India, is also responsible for the company's global shared services center in India. Thus, the triangulation attempt did not yield any fruitful results.