Shared Services Technology Centers
Research uncovered information on the shared services technology centers for TE Connectivity, ABB, and Eaton in India. Very limited information was uncovered about Ingersoll Rand's shared services center in India, and research could not identify any evidence of Emerson's shared services technology center in India.
- According to the Business of IT's website, TE Connectivity partnered with Egnyte, a provider of Adaptive Enterprise File Services, that "uniquely anticipate IT and end-users needs to securely, easily and intelligently share content stored on-premises or in the cloud".
- According to its LinkedIn page, TE Connectivity's Global Shared Services Center is headquartered in Karnataka, Bangalore.
- Business Standard's article of June 2016 reports the setting up of ABB's new Global Business Service Center in Bangalore, India.
- According to the article, the center will employ over 1,000 employees and will be part of ABB's business service expertise. Unfortunately, research could not identify a more updated source on the same, but ABB's 2017 report on its Global Business Service Center in Poland makes mention of an already established center in Bangalore.
- Eaton India's website mentions its International Shared Services Center (ISSC) and Eaton Information Technology Center (EITC) as two professional shared services centers based in India. EITC was created to offer value-added IT services to various Eaton businesses and functions worldwide.
- EITC is located in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The LinkedIn profile of Urmila Mukherjee was the only proof uncovered by research of Ingersoll Rand's possible shared services center in India.
- The profile notes that Mukherjee works for Shared Services at Ingersoll Rand India Limited. Research could not confirm the recency of this information.
To determine if there is any publicly available information on the Shared Services Technology Centers in India for ABB, TE Connectivity, Eaton, Emerson, and Ingersoll Rand, research began by searching through the company websites for more details. This led to uncovering ABB's Global Business Service Center (GBSC) in Poland, which led to the consequent discovery of its GBSC in India. Our search also led to the mention of Egnyte, the company handling TE Connectivity's shared services in India, Egnyte. Eaton also had a dedicated website for its operations in India, which highlighted the functions of its Eaton Information Technology Center (EITC) in Pune.
The only evidence research uncovered about Ingersoll's shared services centers in India was through a LinkedIn profile of Urmila Mukherjee, which notes she works in Shared Services at Ingersoll India Limited. Research could not verify the recency of this profile. A search through Ingersoll India's website, news articles, and industry reports did not yield any additional information. A search through Emerson's company websites, news articles, and industry reports also proved futile, as research did not find definitive evidence of Emerson's shared services center in India.
Based on available information, ABB, Eaton, and TE Connectivity were identified as two case studies on shared service technology centers by US MNC in India. For each, research was able to uncover the name of the company, but only TE Connectivity identified the shared service model in use. Research did not identify any success metrics specific to TE Connectivity's shared services model in India but highlighted potential benefits that may be accrued as a result of the model of operation chosen. In ABB and Eaton's case, research highlights the potential benefits that the companies hoped to achieve through its shared services centers in India.
- Egnyte is the company TE Connectivity appointed as its shared services center in India. TE Connectivity Global Shared Services India is headquartered in Karnataka, Bangalore.
- Egnyte notes that the shared services model in use is Captive Shared Service. According to Deloitte, this model entails certain processes and activities being delivered from a shared location, outsourcing the services to a business process outsourcing company, or a combination of both. CIO notes that the market also refers to this as the hybrid model.
- Egnyte did not elaborate on any success metrics based on this model, but Deloitte asserts that companies employing this model can deliver "higher-value activities" as well as more transactional activities.
- According to this article, the Global Business Service Center (GBSC) serves as ABB's shared services center in India. It is part of the wholly-owned subsidiary, ABB India. It is located in Bangalore.
- The GBSC is noted as one of ABB's global hub of business services for the greater ABB group. A company report notes that India's GBSC (together with the one found in Poland) was formed as part of ABB's Next Level Strategy designed to make ABB "faster, more agile and customer-focused".
- The Eaton Information Technology Center (EITC) is noted as one of the shared services centers based in Pune, India. The company website notes that EITC is an in-house center of innovation and excellence in IT.
- Through EITC, Eaton's goal is to create global value through operational and functional excellence.