Canned Beans Market Size
The United States canned beans market is valued at $500 million. Bush's Beans has an 80% share of the market.
US Canned Beans Market Size
- The market size of the canned beans market in the United States is roughly $500 million.
- Baked beans "sales through food, drug, and mass channels (excluding Walmart) for the 52 weeks ended Jan. 23" 2011 was $545.5 million.
- Baked beans supermarket sales "for the 52 weeks ended June 15, 2014" was $499.37 million.
Bush Brothers and Company's Market Share
- Bush Brothers and Company's revenue exceeds $400 million annually. The company has an 80% share of the canned baked beans production in the United States and processes 55 million pounds of beans each year.
- According to the company's advertising agency, Creative Energy, advertising has helped the company gain an 80% market share.
- 106.7 million individuals ate Bush's Best Baked Beans in 2019.
- As a result of higher steel prices, Bush Brothers and Company saw its revenue dip by 8%.
In order to find the market size of the canned beans market in the United States, we first searched for estimates in research reports, statistical databases, and media sources. The reports we found focused on the global market; however, they also provided market share and US sales data for Bush Brothers and Company (the brand also sells in Canada). We then searched in research reports on the US packaged foods industry and the US canned foods industry; however, we did not find the required information. On Statista we found sales data for 2011 and 2014, but the more recent data related to canned beans was a statistic on the number of consumers who have consumed Bush's Best Baked Beans. We also specifically looked for any publicly available IRI or Nielsen data, but were unable to find it. As precompiled information was not available, we used the Bush Brother's approximate revenue and market share statistic to calculate the market size of the US canned beans industry.
Bush Brothers Company generated over $400 million in sales of canned beans and has an 80% share of the market. Therefore, the size of the United States baked beans market is approximately $500 million ($400M/80%).