Market Size and Growth - SDN Market: Global
The market size of the global SDN market was $8.8 billion in 2018 and the same is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.8% over the 2018-2023 forecast period. Below we have presented the required details about the size and growth rate of the global SDN market along with other helpful findings.
Global Software Defined Networking (SDN) Market Size & Growth
- According to a report from 'MarketsandMarkets', the market size of the global SDN market was $8.8 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach $28.9 billion by 2023.
- In addendum, the global SDN market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 26.8% over the 2018-2023 forecast period.
- Based on the above report, the 2019 market size of the global SDN market can be estimated to be ~$11.2 billion (please refer to the 'Calculations' section).
Other Helpful Findings
- Enterprises, telecommunication service providers, and cloud service providers are the key end-user segments in the global SDN market. Enterprises are dominating the end-use landscape in the global SDN market with a revenue share of over 45% in 2018.
- Some key players operating in the global SDN market include Cisco (US), NEC (Japan), Nokia (Finland), VMWARE (US), HUAWEI (China), Extreme Networks (US), Ciena (US), HPE (US), Juniper Networks (US), Big Switch (US), Pluribus (US), Cumulus (US), Arista (US), and Dell (US).
- North America, Europe, and the APAC region are expected to be the key geographical markets for the growth of the global SDN industry. North America is expected to hold the largest market size during the forecast period (2018-2023).
- The increasing demand for network virtualization and automation and the need for advanced network management systems to handle increased network traffic are expected to be the key market drivers for the growth of the global SDN industry.
Global SDN Market Size in 2018=$8.8 billion
Global SDN Market CAGR (2018-2023)=26.8%
Global SDN Market Size in 2019= 8.8*1.268=~$11.2 billion