Market Size and Growth - SD-WAN Market: Global
The global market size of the software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market size in 2020 is $1.761 billion. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 32.7% through 2023.
- According to MarketsandMarkets, the global software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) market size was $1.0 billion in 2018.
- At the expected CAGR of 32.7%, this would put the global market size of SD-WAN at $1.327 billion in 2019 and $1.761 billion in 2020.
- ReportLinker states that the expected global CAGR of the SD-WAN market between 2018 and 2023 is 32.7%.
- At this growth rate, the global SD-WAN market size will reach $4.1 billion in 2023.
- North America is expected to have the largest market share for the SD-WAN market because the region is "an eminent leader in adopting advanced technologies."
- Specifically, the U.S. is a global leader in technology adoption and home to major communications providers that will be expanding the implementation of SD-WAN to all their "business verticals, such as finance, government, retail, manufacturing, education, and healthcare."
The information was found through a formal research study conducted by MarketsandMarkets; however, the data was for 2018. Therefore, we calculated the 2019 and 2020 market sizes by multiplying the original amount ($1 billion) by the CAGR of 32.7% as follows.
2018 Market Size: $1 billion
2019 Market Size: $1.327 billion ($1,000,000,000 x 1.327)
2020 Market Size: $1.761 billion ($1,327,000,000 x 1.327)