Scan of Investors: Part 1
Bezos Expeditions is the venture capital arm of Jeff Bezos and its CIO is Stephen Campbell. Investments include Workday, Twitter, and Uber. Blue Pool Capital is a family office and hedge fund whose CIO is Alexander West. They recently bought the Brooklyn Nets. These points and more can be found in the attached spreadsheet.
- The CIO of Bezos Expeditions is Stephen Campbell.
- Bezos Expeditions has a fund size of $1 billion.
- Listed companies that Bezos Expeditions has invested in include Workday, Twitter, Juno Therapies, and Uber.
- Blue Pool Capital's CIO is Alexander West.
- Blue Pool Capital's most major recent investment is in the Brooklyn Nets. This deal made Joe Tsai, owner of Blue Pool Capital, also the owner of the Brooklyn Nets.
In order to find the CIOs for each company, we first did a search of Linkedin. We verified that the respected CIOs were indeed still at the company through recent press reports and other business-oriented websites such as Bloomberg and Crunchbase. When we looked for fund sizes, we operated under the guideline that fund size could also mean assets under management. This made sense as both operate as hedge funds that manage the assets of a limited number of clients instead of raising money through investment rounds. The philosophies of both companies were not explicitly stated, hence we had to look through investment patterns and press releases to deduce their respective philosophies and strategies. This is how we determined that both take a mostly hands-off approach with their investments, except in one case, where Blue Pool Capital bought the Brooklyn Nets.