SaxendaCare is not mandatory as patients are invited to join it by their healthcare provider. They have won several awards for adherence, as patients enrolled in the program had greater adherence to this program than those enrolled in other programs. It was shown that in 2016, the program had affected 30,000 patients.
MANDATORY OR VOLUNTARY
- Patients who have been prescribed Sanxenda are advised to join the SanxendaCare program to help them get the best from SaxendaCare at no extra cost to them. Patients are asked if they have been prescribed Saxenda and if they select yes, they are then asked if they want to register for SanxendaCare.
- Saxenda medication or injection doesn't stand alone. It can be part of a complete treatment program that may also include diet, exercise, weight control, regular blood sugar testing, and special medical care. Patients are advised to follow their doctor's instructions.
- Patients who have started taking Saxenda are invited to participate in SaxendaCare, a support program that helps them reach their weight management goals. Their doctors should start them on a diet and exercise program.
STATISTICS OF THE PROGRAM
- Patients enrolled in the award-winning SaxendaCare are more adherent to therapy than those who are not enrolled. This statistic is based on a Crossix analysis from December 2016 where it was noticed that patients enrolled in SaxendaCare filled more prescriptions vs those who were not enrolled.
- A study carried out in Canada between patients enrolled in SaxendaCare (119 patients) vs those not-enrolled (184 patients), measuring weight loss after 6 months, showed that both groups experienced significant loss, but those enrolled in SaxendaCare program remained on the medication longer and had a greater weight loss.
- Up until 2016, SaxendaCare had impacted more than 30,000 patients by supporting real-world success with medication and lifestyle changes.
- SaxendaCare won PPMp60 trailblazers award in 2016 for persistence and adherence. It was found that early results from the program were positive and enrolled patients had greater adherence than those who were not enrolled.
- SaxendaCare in 2016 won silver from the DTC National Advertising Awards (Patient Engagement or Support Program/CRM) and also won bronze from the DigitalHealth Awards. SaxendaCare was also named a finalist for the PM360 Pharma Choice Awards.
We started by reviewing the program's website, medical review sites like drugs.com, and webMD, and the only reviews we got were on the drugs itself and not on the program. So we decided to check if SaxendaCare had been recognized in any capacity, to give us an idea of its effectiveness and how it was perceived. We found several awards it had won in 2016. Then to ascertain its effectiveness in weight loss, we looked for recent studies or surveys. No recent studies were found in the United States that compared weight loss between those that enrolled and those that didn't. So we expanded our search to other North American countries and found a recent study in Canada. We didn't find a recent statistic for the number of people enrolled, so we had to use one from 2016.