After exhausting numerous search strategies, we were able to find information on the benefits and features of SaxendaCare program as published by the provider. We also found feedback on the drug Saxenda itself. Unfortunately, we were unable to find any reviews, feedback, testimonials or user stories around the SaxendaCare program. What follows is an overview of the SaxendaCare program as well as a detailed explanation of the research strategies used in attempting to find the requested information.
Overview of SaxendaCare program:
- SaxendaCare, a support program offered by Novo Nordisk, is for patients taking the drug Saxenda.
- SaxendaCare, created to work along with Saxenda, uses scientifically proven weight-loss and weight maintenance strategies.
- SaxendaCare supports patients with exclusive access to personalized emails, web pages and calls from personal coaches.
- The SaxendaCare Welcome Kit contains a welcome letter, health and wellness guide and a portion plate.
- The SaxendaCare program enables patients to call coaches who are registered dietitians that are certified in weight management for any questions related to their treatment.
- SaxendaCare offers patients skill-building techniques that can help lead to positive behavior change.
- Patients enrolled in the SaxendaCare program are more adherent to therapy than those who are not enrolled.
- The SaxendaCare program helps patients in reducing calorie intake, increasing activity accountability and skill building.
- In September 2016, SaxendaCare won the prestigious PM360 Trailblazer Award in the Persistence/Adherence program category.
Strategy 1, Official company website:
We started the research with directly searching for any reviews, testimonials, feedback and user stories about the SaxendaCare program published on official company websites and posted by both patients and prescribers. The idea here was to assess such reviews and feedback to gain insights into what both patients and prescribers think of the SaxendaCare program. However, none of the official sources for SaxendaCare and Novocare provided any reviews or feedback to gain insights into what both patients and prescribers think of the SaxendaCare program.
We found an article published by MicroMass which stated that SaxendaCare was mentioned in PM360, a leading pharmaceutical publication, and won the prestigious PM360 Trailblazer Award. However, the article did not include any patient or prescriber reviews, feedback or opinions on the SaxendaCare program.
Strategy 2, Reviews posted on drug databases and forums:
We then searched through numerous drug databases and forums including but not limited to Drugs.com, RXGo, Bariatric Times, Highya and DietSpotlight, among others. The idea here was to check through the reviews posted by patients and prescribers related to the SaxendaCare program. However, none of the databases and forums provided any reviews specific to the SaxendaCare program and all the websites only provided reviews and feedback for the drug Saxenda which the client is not interested in.
Strategy 3, Regulatory Authorities and Agencies:
Since no direct reviews could be found through any company websites and forums, we searched for any official press releases by any regulatory authorities and agencies including but not limited to FDA and the Department of Health and Human Services. The idea here was to find any complaints or negative feedback provided by patients and prescribers to such regulatory authorities. We found an official press release published by the FDA. However, the document primarily focused on the drug Saxenda and no information could be found related to SaxendaCare program.
Strategy 4, Social Media Channels:
As a last resort, we searched through various social media platforms for any comments, public opinions and consumer posts related to SaxendaCare. The idea here was to find any posts or discussions on social media that would provide any insights into what both patients and prescribers think of the SaxendaCare program. However, a search through various social media channels including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook, among others, did not render any usable posts or comments specific to the SaxendaCare program.
After exhausting the above mentioned strategies, we concluded that no information is available on what both patients and prescribers think of the SaxendaCare program.
WHAT INFORMATION WAS AVAILABLE
- Information on the benefits and features of SaxendaCare program as published by the provider
- Reviews and feedback on the drug Saxenda as opposed to the SaxendaCare program
WHAT INFORMATION WAS NOT AVAILABLE
- Any reviews, feedback, testimonials and user stories around the SaxendaCare program.
- One of the probable reasons for the unavailability of such information could be that the SaxendaCare program only works along with the drug Saxenda, most of the reviews published online primarily focus on the drug and not the program.
- It could also be possible that since the treatment primarily relies on the efficiency of the drug Saxenda and not the support program i.e. SaxendaCare, no user reviews, feedback and opinions for the programs are published online