Clark County, Nevada - Tourism Insights
Approximately 45.3 million visitors come to Clark County every year. Statistics show that about 21% of them are first-time visitors. The next section provides comprehensive details on Clark County tourists, special offerings, what visitors like about the area, and the country's digital marketing strategies.
VISITOR COUNT AND STATISTICS
- According to Clark County government website, Clark County receives an estimated 45.3 million visitors a year. The 45.3 million figure represents the total number of visitors who came to Clark County in 2018.
- Approximately 119,068 travelers drove to Southern Nevada, while 45.1 million visitors arrived by plane.
- Sixteen percent of the county's tourists come from other nations, 27 percent visit from Southern California, and 21 percent are first-time visitors.
SPECIAL TOURIST OFFERINGS
- Clark County is endowed with endless offerings from breathtaking scenery to contemporary entertainment hubs, such as casinos.
- Some special tourists' offerings that make the county stand out include the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, where visitors spent approximately $6.5 billion in 2018. The Las Vegas Strip also features a replica of the Eiffel Tower, dancing fountains, an erupting volcano, and some of the world's most beautiful and largest resorts.
- The county also prides in its fine restaurants, dazzling stores, and luxurious spas that offer visitors unique experiences in dining, shopping, and relaxation. It claims to have over 147,000 hotel rooms and ranks highly among the world's top convention destinations.
- Clark County is also rich in unique and compelling landscapes, including Mt. Charleston and skiing, which are just 45 minutes away, and the Red Rock National Conservation area.
WHAT VISITORS LIKE ABOUT CLARK COUNTY
- According to Clark County, millions of its visitors visit the nearby destinations, including gaming resorts in Mesquite, Primm, and Laughlin, which is found on the amusement-packed Colorado River. Many also enjoy the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, the Toiyabe National Forest, Mt. Charleston, Red Rock Canyon, and the Valley of Fire.
- While gambling generates around $6.5 billion of the county's total $10 billion tourism impact, it is certainly one of the most loved and enjoyed activity in this area. Other most loved activities in the county include outdoor attractions, including mountains, local parks like the Wetlands Park, and trails.
- Customer reviews on external sites like TripAdvisor, Niche, Yelp, and local publications indicate that the Clark County Shooting Complex is another major attraction site in the area. Interestingly, another common activity in this county is marriages, which, according to the county website, thousands of people visit Las Vegas to tie the knot.
- Overall, the general sentiment across review sites like TripAdvisor and Yelp showcase that visitors who throng this county enjoy all its offerings, such as shooting, among the many outdoor activities the county provides.
CLARK COUNTY DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
- Clark County has a digital platform dubbed "ClarkConnect" where residents report requests about neighborhood issues, roads/public right-of-way, graffiti/trash/litter/junk, transportation, and land use/real property. ClarkConnect requires users to login to access the information included on the platform.
- On social media, Clark County is very active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. It continually markets and advertises its county via these platforms.
- On Facebook, Clark County has 22,945 likes, 23,979 followers, and 4,522 check-ins. Likewise, on Instagram, the county has 29,000 followers, on Twitter 196,000 followers, and 4,040 subscribers on YouTube.
- Clark County uses its social media platforms to advertise, market, make announcements, and share exciting stories and news regarding this region.
- Clark County uses its social media platforms for advertising, market the county, make announcements, and share exciting stories and news regarding this region.
Thorough searches on the Clark County website, its social media accounts, local news publications, and online review platforms uncovered in-depth information regarding the Clark County tourism insights. These sources contained both qualitative and quantitative data, such as the number of visitors and which areas they like to visit the most. We searched the social media accounts of Clark County to establish the strategy the local county does to attract visitors, while also ensuring the safety and well-being of the locals. Most of the information came from the county website, analyses of review sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor, and the social media platforms mentioned above. In closing, while external sources are used to generate insights into Clark County, they all focus on providing information, which is specific to Clark County.