Sam Edelman Media Spend
While there is no publicly available information regarding Sam Edelman media spend in 2018, 2017, and 2016, we have used the available information regarding the brand portfolio segment and Caleres Company annual reports to pull together our key findings. An estimated $33.9 million was spent in media by brand portfolio in 2017 including digital marketing, social media, print, consumer media advertising, trade shows, production, in-store displays and fixtures, and public relations. Sam Edelman is the largest brand in the brand portfolio segment. Continue below for an outline into our research methodology to better understand why the information requested is publicly unavailable, as well as a deep dive into our findings.
We started our research by combing through the Sam Edelman company website, and annual reports for information regarding Sam Edelman media spend in 2018. The result of this strategy did not yield information regarding what Sam Edelman spend on media in 2018. This strategy reference information about Caleres Company which happens to be the parent company of Sam Edelman. We also unearth information regarding Caleres media spend in 2017 and the breakdown by media type. Information regarding the share of media spend by the company’s brand was not available in the public domain.
Next, we broadened the scope of our research by scouring media publications, press release, and news article published by advertising agencies in the United States. Our research team was unable to provide relevant information regarding Sam Edelman media spend using this strategy as sources from this strategy was referencing Sam Edelman engaging in new audiences with an omni-channel strategy and links to Sam Edelman products.
Lastly, our research team attempted to triangulate the required information by searching for the relevant data point. We scoured through industry reports, market reports, and credible third party company database. We utilize Business Wire, Footwear News, and Investor Reports for information regarding Sam Edelman market share or annual revenue to triangulate the media spend in 2018. After an exhaustive search, we found that Sam Edelman was categorized under “Brand Portfolio” in the parent company. Naturalizer, Sam Edelman, Dr. Scholl’s Shoes, e.t.c. were some brands under the brand portfolio segment. Sam Edelman share or revenue was not readily available in the public domain; therefore, our triangulation attempt failed as the data point from this strategy was vague and could not be used to provide a proxy for Sam Edelman media spend. Continue below for details into our key findings for this request.
CALERES COMPANY OVERVIEW
- Caleres Company is a global footwear company that owns and operates a variety of footwear brands.
- Famous Footwear is the largest brand in the Caleres portfolio, with over $1.6 billion in annual revenue in 2017.
- Sam Edelman, Naturalizer, Allen Edmonds, Dr. Scholl’s Shoes, LifeStride, Franco Sarto, Vince, Ryka, Fergie Footwear, Bzees, Carlos, Via Spiga, and Diane von Furstenberg are brands in the “Brand portfolio” segment.
CALERES MEDIA SPEND
- The total advertising and marketing spend for Caleres Company were estimated to be $83.6 million in 2017 and $78.8 million in 2016.
CALERES MEDIA TYPE BREAKDOWN
- Caleres media type are digital marketing, social media, consumer media advertising, trade shows, production, e-commerce advertising, print, national television, public relations, and in-store advertisement.
BRAND PORTFOLIO SEGMENT MEDIA SPEND
- An estimated $33.9 million was spent in media by brand portfolio in 2017 including digital marketing, social media, print, consumer media advertising, trade shows, production, in-store displays and fixtures, and public relations.
- In 2017, there were 151 retail stores in the brand portfolio segment in the United States.
- In 2017, Sam Edelman operated 13 stores in the United States; Sam Edelman footwear are sold at national chains, online retailers, department stores, retail stores, catalogs, and specialty retailers.
- Sam Edelman is the largest brand in the brand portfolio segment.