Salesforce: Advertising in APAC and Europe
The Salesforce advertisement for Rituals and the TV commercial for Barclays are two examples from the Europe region. Another commercial crafted for Australia focuses on Telstra in the APAC region
EXAMPLE 1: SALESFORCE ADVERTISEMENT FOR RITUALS
- It showcases its Service Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and Salesforce DMP products for the European region.
- This particular commercial was posted on the YouTube channel, and it promotes the success and essence of few of its Cloud products by virtue of a case.
- The commercial was published by "Salesforce Commerce Cloud" in 2018, and it exhibits how Rituals is currently on a path of continuous international expansion and supplies a consistent online and offline experience using Salesforce's services.
- The ad is also located on the Salesforce website, portrayed in the form of a campaign, by virtue of which the company plans to proceed in upgrading the streams with fresh features that enhance the customer experience, along with their commercials.
- As an extension, in London, the company unveiled click and collect, it and witnessed an instantaneous surge in web sales with nearly 8% of web visitors in the United Kingdom now administering this particular feature.
EXAMPLE 2: SALESFORCE TV COMMERCIAL FOR BARCLAYS, EUROPE
- It promotes its data solutions to keep pace with the expanding demands and requirements of the customer base.
- This advertisement depicts the utilization of Salesforce's digital platforms in engaging customers and also portrays the beginning of a long relationship that organizations typically have with Salesforce.
EXAMPLE 3: SALESFORCE APAC COMMERCIAL
- It was crafted as a case of an Australian organization, Telstra, featuring its "Salesforce Customer 360," which is enabling it to transform and provide the organization's enterprise business with a 360 degree view of customers, empowering collaboration.
- The commercial was posted on YouTube and published by the Salesforce APAC team in 2019. The details of the commercial case is also available on the Salesforce site.
- The advertisement showcases the success of Telstra in Australia, where Salesforce has digitized its business, allowing them to work seamlessly with their partners and customers, which permitted them to accelerate the pace of change.
- Apart from the mainstream commercials by the company, its Facebook Ad Library also houses some advertisements that focus on both B2C and B2B. Such commercials vary from covering success stories through reports, to even pictorial representations of their services that are further segregated by country. For example, the Facebook Ad Library contains ads for Australia and New Zealand, while the page also carries links to Japan and commercials for other nations.
- The regional commercials made by Salesforce are offshoots of their global advertisements with a case attached to them as an example of success. The Coca Cola Germany commercial indicates a global, large scale deployment of their "Blaze Your Trail" campaign which has been adopted by various players in numerous countries, later becoming a part of its regional ads. An example of this is the Rituals commercial.
Our research began by analyzing and studying Salesforce as an organization to see how it produces its commercials/campaigns for products and services. We observed that all generic commercials have a global focus and do not pertain to any region specifically. This may be part of the organization's strategy to commercialize its products on a global scale, and to capture customers from multiple regions, as it is a global player.
Next, we sought to understand how the organization deployed regional or country-wise commercials, and thus how it channelized social media. We discovered that the company advertises its products/services at a regional/country level based on the success of its customers. Hence, its commercials portray a case study, each depicting the accomplishment of that particular product. For example, the Rituals ad uploaded to YouTube is a regional commercial which is an offshoot of the global campaign.
Therefore, the strategy implemented for this request involved observing commercials posted or published by the regional Salesforce team itself to various platforms with a social media presence. For this, we included examples from Facebook, however, as additional insights, since those ads were not part of any mainstream commercials. Also, we recognized that the Salesforce website mentions almost all the advertisements. Hence, we authenticated them from the site as well.