Sales Teams That Sell to the Federal Government
Despite consulting the website for Adobe Systems, company corporate social responsibility and investor reports, employee data federal documentation, as well as corporate information websites such as LinkedIn, The Official Board, Apollo.io, and TheOrg.com, along with business publications, the research team did not find publicly available information specific to the size of the sales team dedicated to selling to the US Federal Government. The research team was able to source information such as the names of executives impacting on the US federal government function, the name of a closed LinkedIn group called AdobeGov which may contain information on the sales team, along with information regarding the size of the global and US sales workforce.
Similarly for Acquia, publicly available information specific to the number of sales employees servicing the US federal government account was not sourced. The research team consulted the company website for reporting that would contain the information such as corporate social responsibility reports, investor information, and annual reports. Mandatory federal employee filings as well as company corporate databases such as LinkedIn, The Official Board, Apollo.io, and TheOrg.com were also consulted, along with business publications, before a general search was completed. While information regarding estimates of the total size of the global workforce and global sales complement was found for Acquia, information was not sourced as to the percentage of the total workforce that is represented by US workers which could have been used as a baseline on which to calculate the size of the US sales team. However, the research team was also able to source information pertaining to persons in leadership positions at Acquia that may impact on sales decisions for the company as it relates to US federal accounts.
Sales Team — 2019
- According to the Adobe 2019 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, Adobe Systems has a global total of 22,634 employees. Employees within the US represented 52% or 11,770 persons.
- In December 2019, the global sales team numbered 1,447, or 6.39% of the total workforce.
- The size of the US sales force in 2019 is 753, calculated by deriving 52% of the total for the global sales force (1,447/100*52).
Sales Team — 2020
- Adobe's total global workforce in December 2020 is estimated at 22,230. Of this total, employees in sales number 1,462, or 6.57% of the total employees.
- Using the 2019 percentage of employees in the US (52%), and the December 2020 global total of sales employees (1,462) an estimate of the size of the US sales force in 2020 can be calculated by deriving 52% of the December 2020 total for the global sales force (1,462/100*52%).
- The estimated size of the US sales force in 2020 is 760.
Executive Leadership Team
- Ms. Ann Lewnes is the chief marketing officer and executive vice president, corporate strategy and development at Adobe Systems. Six vice presidents at the company report to her.
- The Vice President and General Manager Creative Cloud Product, Marketing and Community is Ms. Mala Sharma.
- Mr. Alex Amado is the vice president of marketing.
- Mr. John Copeland is the vice president of marketing and customer insights.
- The Vice President of brand marketing is Mr. John Travis.
- Mr. Nathan Etter is the vice president of Adobe.com and marketing technology.
- Ms. Stacy Martinet is the vice president of marketing and communications.
Government Relations Leadership Team
- At Adobe, the Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary is Mr. Dana Rao. The Government Relations team reports to him.
- Mr. Jace Johnson is the vice president, government affairs and public policy.
- Mr. Matt Schrader is the director for US federal government relations.
- Ms. Anne Perkins is the senior manager for state government relations.
- Mr. Nick Gatz is the manager for state government relations.
- The AdobeGov group on LInkedIn was created to share "observations, successes, and frustrations with the application of new technology in government."
- The group is closed and there are 190 members.
- As of December 2020, Acquia has an estimated total of 949 employees globally.
- There are 53 sales employees globally.