Sales Enablement Strategy Success Stories.
The Appatio case study shows success in aligning sales and marketing. The case study for Dun and Bradstreet shows the value in a content strategy. The health care company shows the positive results from aligning sales and marketing, creating a content management strategy around Buyer Personas, Sales Journeys and differing verticals, and designing a sales process that effectively uses the information from both of the above.
Category: Content for Sales Team
- The company wanted to create company-wide cohesion by integrating sales and marketing assets.
- This company had a complex product-market dynamic. It featured multiple products, multiple buyer personas, and numerous customer segments, which exacerbated these issues.
- Sales reps found it difficult to know what content to use for any given customer conversation.
- The company organized and synthesized thousands of company-wide sales and marketing assets into a central location and identified the time in the customer sales journey to use each.
- The automated content allowed the salespeople to tailor sales decks for every buyer conversation.
- The company implemented and measured KPIs, including how long it takes new reps to close their first and second deals.
- Appatio uses this as a measure of both true integration into the sales team and the effective adoption of sales training.
Dun & Bradstreet
Category: Content for Sales Team
- Scale back 6000 sales assets to a manageable size of consistent and appropriate information.
- Salespeople had difficulty finding the sales assets they needed and wasted a great deal of time.
- Outdated information was accessed and presented to clients.
- Branding and messaging were inconsistent across platforms and regions.
- The sales enablement teams at Dun & Bradstreet documented both a buyer's and a seller's journey to guide their document categories.
- They found a technology solution that would meet their needs.
- Ultimately, the sales team could find targeted content assets to fit any buyer profile as well as all sales stages.
- This ease of access allowed them to present the right content at the right time quickly.
- Standard naming conventions for all assets were implemented across all platforms.
- Analytics allows the sales enablement teams to track and measure content engagement, as well as ensure effective content governance.
- The organization can now refine content, create and make available new successful sales assets, and ensure sellers are accessing the most recent content.
Health Care Company (Name Confidential)
Vertical: Health Care
Categories: Align Sales and Marketing, Content Management, Sales Process Design
- Ensure marketing and sales are aligned to maintain sales assets and ensure salespeople are using the most updated and approved material.
- Track the metrics of content success to understand what is working and what isn't.
- The health care company had several verticals with which they interacted, from patients to providers and insurance companies. This was a challenge.
- As the marketing teams continued to produce more and more content, the company didn't know what content was working and what content wasn't.
- Marketing segmented prospects into the appropriate Buyer Persona, Lifecycle Stage, and Vertical to prepare marketing material most effectively based on where they are in the buyer's journey.
- The marketing department worked with the sales department to provide appropriate interactive content.
- Using technology, the organization designed a process that captures generated leads by sales reps and segments them into workflows based on vertical and specialty of interest. From there, individuals are added to ongoing email campaigns. The contacts are tied to the appropriate Buyer Persona and moved to another lifecycle stage in their journey.
- There were 238 new leads generated in the first three months of using this integrated strategy.
Total Customers Acquired
- There were 75 customers acquired in six months.
Percentage of MQL's to Customer
- They saw a 31.5% conversion rate of marketing qualified leads to new customers.