Salary Guide: SEO Strategist Skills, Part 1
As requested, ten professionals on LinkedIn who hold the title of SEO Strategist have been gathered. The requested information on these individuals has been entered into the attached spreadsheet.
- Nina McKinster is currently an SEO Strategist and Digital Marketing Manager at Propecta in Milwaukee. She has worked at the company since June 2018.
- In 2008, she got a Graphic Design & Communication degree from Moraine Park - a technical college in Wisconsin. This means she has been out of college for 132 months (12 months in a year*11 years).
- Between 2011 to 2013, Nina McKinster took 17 continuing education courses including Personal Interaction Styles, Retail Concepts, and Conflict Resolution.
- On LinkedIn, she has over four endorsements for SEO, advertising, and social media.
- Prior to Propecta, Nina McKinster worked at five different companies and spent an average of 16.9 months at these companies.
- Based in Chicago, Illinois, Samuel Daley is an SEO Strategist at Built In.
- Between 2012 to 2016, Daley got a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and Government from Drake University.
- His skills include research, marketing, and social media.
- Prior to Built In, Daley worked at Hy-Vee for 44 months, Canvassar for 3 months, CNN for 1 month, Iowa Legislature for 13 months, and Rotary International for 18 months. This means on average, he stays at a job for 15.8 months [(44+3+1+13+18)/5].
- Mary Velasquez is currently an SEO Strategist at Evok Advertising in Orlando, Florida. She has been at the company for 23 months.
- In 2014, she got a BS in Public Relations at the University of Florida and minored in Spanish there.
- She has over 10 endorsements in copywriting, social media, public relations, journalism, and editing.
- Mary Velasquez describes herself as an energetic "professional with experience in organic search, digital marketing, content strategy and content creation."
- Before working at Evok Advertising, she worked at Gainesville Su for 12 months and Ad 2 Orlando for 24 months. This means on average, she stays at a job for 18 months [(24+12)/2].
- Braden Becker is a Senior SEO Strategist at HubSpot in Boston, Massachusetts. He has been at the company for 18 months.
- He has a B.A.A in Writing and Rhetoric from Syracuse University.
- Prior to HubSpot, he worked at The News Times for 4 months, Geomatrix Productions for 10 months, Outdoor Sports Center for 8 months, TMC for 14 months, Skyword for 33 months and Veolia North America for 12 months. This means, on average, he stays at a job for 13.5 months.
- Braden Becker has more than five endorsements in editing, copy editing, social media, journalism, and video.
- He is described by supervisors as a dedicated and detail oriented team player.
- Based in New York City, Melissa Nicolich is an SEO Strategist at Conductor, Inc.
- In 2014, she got a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing from James Madison University.
- Melissa Nicolich has been endorsed in marketing, social media marketing, blogging, and advertising among many others.
- Before working at Conductor Inc, she worked at MPCA Music Publishing for 4 months, Abbott & Caserta Realtors for 3 months, Indian Trail Club for 26 months, Qnary for 24 months, and Hearts & Science for 23 months, On average, she stays at a job for 15.4 months.
- Connor Shocrylas is based in Atlanta, Georgia where he works as an SEO Strategist for 360i.
- His skills include SEO, technical writing, e-commerce, web development, sales, and digital marketing.
- In 2014, Connor Shocrylas got a BSc in Informatics and Environmental sustainability from Dalhousie University.
- Prior to 360i, he worked at Halifax Regional Municipality for 8 months, Norex Web for 6 months, Dalhousie University for 7 months, and MOO for 11 months. On average, he stays at a job for 8 months.
- Ashley Ryan is an SEO Strategist at G5 Digital Marketing in Bend, Oregon. She has been at the company for 26 months.
- In 2012, she got a BA in Marketing from Western Michigan University.
- Ashley Ryan has a Google Analytics certification and has been endorsed in SEO, social media marketing, account management, brand development, digital marketing, and marketing strategy.
- Before joining G5 Digital Marketing, she worked at Snap Fitness for 61 months and Engrained Marketing for 82 months. This means that on average, she stays at a job for 71.5 months.
- Briant Brown is an SEO Strategist at Career Step in Lehi, Utah.
- In 2011, he received a Business Marketing degree from Utah Valley University.
- Prior to Career Step, he worked at Omniture for 17 months, SecuityMetrics for 9 months, SEO.com for 25 months, Purch for 46 months, and SolarWinds for 11 months. This means that on average, she stays at a job for 21.6 months.
- Brown is skilled in SEO, PPC, management, online marketing, web analytics, email marketing, and social media marketing.
- Max Cowan is an SEO Strategist at Socius Marketing in Tampa, Florida.
- In 2014, he got a bachelor's in Business Communication from Metropolitan State University of Denver.
- His professional skills include sales, social media marketing, advertising, strategic planning, and marketing communications.
- Before Socius Marketing, he worked at Teatulia Organic Teas for 16 months, Location3 for 31 months, and Arrow Electronics for 9 months making an average of 18.7 months.
- Jim Barnes is an SEO Strategist at Nordstrom in Seattle, Washington.
- In 1986, he received a bachelor's degree in Marketing and Electronics Engineering Technology from Central Washington University. He also has four professional certificates from the University of Washington.
- Prior to Nordstrom, he worked at Data I/O Corporation for 153 months, Loudeye Corporation for 9 months, HouseValues.com for 9 months, and Walgreens for 102 months making an average of 68.3 months.
- He describes himself as a "savvy Internet marketer with 20+ years of experience."
- His skills include web analytics, e-commerce, SEO, email marketing, social media marketing, product management, and business development.
We mainly relied on LinkedIn to get the names, educational background, job skills, and job tenure for these individuals. To maintain consistency, we changed the number of years they held previous positions to months. The same thing was done to get the total number of months they have graduated from college. In reference to average tenure, we added the number of months they held previous positions and divided it by the number of positions they have held so far.